Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hollie
Curious September 2021 Staffordshire

Bridesmaids - should i have them?

Hollie, 21 of February of 2021 at 12:39 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello!

Our wedding is in September of this year (hopefully), and we were originally eloping in Crete. Given the circumstances, we cancelled that plan and went with our Plan B, which is a small wedding in the UK.

I have been toying with the idea of bridesmaids - should I have them? I already have the dress so I suppose that is one of the bigger events completed aside from fittings.. is it too late in the game to ask the girls I have in mind?

Please offer any ideas you have!

1 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 16:58
  • Kept
    Savvy November 2020 Devon
    Kept ยท
    • Hide content

Hey!

I am sorry to hear that you weren't able to elope but it's great to hear you have a Plan B!

It's completely up to you if you want bridesmaids. It's not a necessity, it's just a tradition so if you want to have them, then it's definitely not too late to ask. But if you don't want to have them, then that's fine also!

Bridesmaids don't usually make a whole lot of difference to the actual day. Typically they only get involved with the getting ready part and they help to make the processional longer. They can also look great in photos. So if that doesn't matter to you, then don't worry too much about it. You can always have your friends there to get ready with you & have photos together anyway, as a bridesmaid or no bridesmaids!

With love,

Laura x

Kept Weddings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics