Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Bridesmaids - to bouquet or not to bouquet?

moonpie1985, 14 February, 2012 at 00:02 Posted on Planning 0 12

I was originally thinking of giving my bridesmaids wrist corsages or flowers in their hair, as I don't like the idea of bouquets.

But do bridesmaids need flowers at all anyway?

Trying to save on budget and I am already splashing out on the full Vivienne if holloway dresses, underskirts and belts.

12 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 14 February, 2012 at 13:27
  • westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids don't have to have flowers at all, it's all down to personal preference, how about a matching clutch bag, I know bridesmaids tend to need something to hold so they don't feel awkward as to where to put their hands Smiley smile I am sure you can pick up something in budget, Vivienne vintage style will match with a clutch also, what colour are you having?

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

IM having this dilemma too...my chief Bridesmaid is not girly to say the least and getting her in a dress is an achievement.....

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

I thought about this too. I am having a MoH and 3 flowergirls and debating whether to have flower wrist corsages instead as this will dramatically bring the prices down.

• J
    Beginner October 2012
    jadewills13 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with westlakedesignsbas bridesmaid tend to want something to hold when i was a bridesmaid we had a little cluch bag hope its goes well hun x

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

Im having wrist corsages for my 2 bms. partly cos it will be easier for them to manage and not having to lug a bouquet around! and also cost, this will help to keep the costs down a bit. Also my chief bm will have an extra hand free to hold her glass!!!

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid for my best friend last year and we had wrist corsages which looked lovely to start with but fell apart during the day. I think a bouquet looks nicer so mine are having them but I only have 2 bridesmaids. If I had more I would have to re-think it.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

They don't have to have flowers at all but I'd be worried about what they're going to do with their hands? It might look a bit awkward in photos and on the walk down the aisle?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I'm having bouquets for our wedding abroad and wrist corsages for our home reception. They don't have to have bouquets, but just think about how they'd hold their hands when they walk down the aisle.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I would do flowers in their hair, or wrist corsage and let them carry a handbag or something? in that situation it might feel a bit weird not having anything to carry.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

I had this dilemma but when I was quoted £40 per BM bouquet or £15 per wrist corsage it was a no brainer esp as I'm having 4 BMs. (Also getting married in the North of Scotland so little choice of florists for competitive prices) I've worn wrist corsages myself to weddings and never known them to fall apart - I guess as long as they are well made. I asked my BMs if they wanted a clutch so they had something to hold but they looked at me like I was nuts and asked why they would feel uncomfotable. Each to their own I guess but at the end of the day walking down the aisle is less than 1 minute out of a whole day. It's a pricey accessory in my mind...unless you have a budget for it!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

My bm's are having wrist corsages so they can keep their hands free.

I was bm a couple of years ago and had bouquet it just got on my nerves and after ceremony it just went on table then the bride told us to put them in our rooms out the way, what a waste of money!

I think they look lovely but the bm's I have will only put bouquets down somewhere never to be seen again lol!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

My 2 older bridesmaids had clutch bags (£3.99) from Peacocks and my little ones had fabric drawstring dolly bags that I made myself for about £1 each

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics