Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2015

Bridesmaid's wrist corsage

Kerrypug, 27 of February of 2015 at 23:40 Posted on Planning 0 5

Evening everyone.

I'm after some advice on wrist corsages for bridesmaids. Can anyone who's used them tell me how it looked? I'm wondering what they would do with their hands when walking down the aisle and in pictures. I also got lovely clutch bags for them which could probably have flowers attached to them and they could carry those. What do you think?

5 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 28 of February of 2015 at 09:47
  • K
    Beginner August 2015
    Kerrypug ·
    • Hide content

I'd never heard of them, I had to google it! They are lovely - do you know if they use real flowers?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you look on Pinterest, there are lots of photos of both fresh and artificial wrist corsages. They are popular for bridesmaids as they are cheaper than bouquets. Some people do feel a bit awkward as to what to do with their hands but they can carry a small clutch bag as well which solves that problem. Wrist corsages are cheaper than handbag corsages as handbag corsages are a bit more fiddly to make so take longer to do. If you go for fresh flower wrist corsages, it's best to opt for hardy flowers that last well out of water such as roses, orchids, spray carnations etc. Most of the bracelets that they are made on are one size, expandable so they fit all.

One point worth mentioning about wrist corsages is that they do draw attention to the hands so they don't suit everyone. They look best on slender wrists with well manicured fingernails. I'm a typical person they look awful on! I have chubby wrists with small fingers although I do have nice nails Smiley smile Hope that helps.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I has a real flower one when I was BM for my sister - I'm clumsy so I have to be honest it didn't last past the ceremony with me as the flowers kept getting knocked off. I would go with artificial ones for that reason.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I had them for my mum and nanna, they looked lovely although didn't last brilliantly (they insisted on real flowers) we found pretty bangles that the flowers could be wired to and the florist sorted them out. I'll see if I can get you a pic.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would agree mainly because you can use hot glue on artificial which is very strong whereas fresh flowers need cold floral adhesive and a lot of fresh flowers bruise easily with glue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics