Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Britney Spears hair care range at Lidl

daisymoo86, 18 of December of 2014 at 09:15 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

In case anyone is struggling for some last minutes gifts, Lidl have today started a range of Britney Spears hair care stuff. Straighteners are £9.99, Multi Functional Styler £11.99, not sure if they are any good but might be worth a look.

15 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 19 of December of 2014 at 11:18
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I saw the ad for these last night! Why has Britney put her name to £10 straighteners? Is she that desperate these days?

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I read somewhere that she has most of her product lines in value stores (such as Lidl and Poundland etc) and she makes a shed load from these. I presume because she is selling quantity rather than quality. But the products at Lidl do come with a 3 year guarantee so can take them back if they are total pants.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, that's true. I mean it's not as if I use ridiculously expensive tools myself, my straighteners are Babyliss (and discontinued I hasten to add, I keep having to track new ones down on ebay) and my curling wand is Tresemme. That said, my hairdresser once used GHDs on me and I was amazed by how soft my (very damaged) hair felt afterwards, I just can't justify £100+ on a pair for myself! But I'm not sure I'd trust a £10 pair. You'll have to report back on how they are...

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I bought a dryer and straightener/styling thingy that they did about four years ago under the Desperate Housewives' name. The dryer was OK and lasted 3 years - it oddly didn't like being constantly dropped. The other gizmo was rubbish and I took it back, Lidl were not happy that I wasn't happy!!! How dare I say something wasn't any good. IIRC it didn't get hot enough and the bits fell off. It was a case of you got what you paid for. But it's worth a go. x

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry, but I did a LOL at "Britney Spears hair care"

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

You can get some awesome bargains in Lidl. OH gets tools from there for a fraction of what they would normally cost, and they're excellent quality. I recently read that makeup from Poundland is flying off the shelves since it was recommended in one of the glossy mags. The assumption that "cheap" means "bad quality" seems to be less and less true these days.

Besides, £10 seems to be a reasonable price if you're buying a teenager her first set of straighteners.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

No, cheap def doesnt necessarily mean poor quality (though on a slightly odd cereal based tangent it totally does with rice crispies and cornflakes! supermarkets own brand are fine, supermarkets value/basic range - ugh!)

OH saw the advert on telly last night and made the comment about how he didnt think she was a big enough name anymore to draw people in to buying her branded stuff, which I agree with, but I guess actually it is still a famous name, and when selling stuff cheaper like that may be any famous name is better than just 'bog standard brandless hairdryer'...unless of course we've lost touch somewhere and she's trendy (i know that word makes me sound old) again?

lol SillyWrong, i think her barnets grown back now :-D

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

It grew back a while ago. But there is an 800+ page thread on Popjustice about her Vegas residency and I'd say around a third of it is devoted to detailed analysis of her various wigs.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? just wow

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

That's nothing really. The Girls Aloud thread is currently at 2181 pages Smiley smile

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Good old britters!

She might have had her moments but she's not completely daft... Bet those will sell like hot-cakes at that price. Especially to typing teenagers who don't want very expensive gadgets like GHDs.

I love a bit of lidl. Whenever I go in there I feel like a kid in a sweet shop because of all the weird and wonderful things they sell.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

I love lidl! went once with h2b for weekly shop, ended up with no food as time ran out. the reason? h2b found a unicycle instead....

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

We don't have one in the city centre so I've never really been in one. We have an Aldi, but I've always found it a bit disappointing. I can usually get vegan chocolate in these places though, cos European chocolate isn't made with a ton of milk like British/American stuff is.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wasn't suggesting she doesn't have any hair, since she shaved it off about five years ago! I'm just saying it's amusing that someone who lobbed all her hair off in a fit of madness (or to do away with drug taking evidence) is now backing a hair care range.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yes, it is somewhat ironic...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics