Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner April 2021

Brother-in-law doing photography? (not in the 15 guests....)

ExpensiveOrangeHair53341, 17 of February of 2021 at 14:47 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

We are hoping to go ahead with our wedding in April this year (government permitting) and delaying our reception to later in the year. We have our 15 list, but haven't included any photographer or videographer in it as I think they aren't classed as guests...

I was wondering if I could use my brother-in-law to photograph the wedding (he actually did one of my sisters weddings as their photographer didn't show on the day - they turned out pretty good so I have quite a lot of confidence in him).

Just wondering if this is technically OK to employ him rather than an official photographer and for him not to be classed in the "15" limit which we are currently anticipating... Can't find any government guidelines on this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 18 of February of 2021 at 12:31
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

Will he sit down for the wedding breakfast and have the meal with everyone else? If so, I'd imagine that could class him as one of the 15.

• E
    Beginner April 2021
    ExpensiveOrangeHair53341 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We aren't having a wedding breakfast, so no... He also won't have a seat at the ceremony as will be busy taking some pictures. - he would be exactly the same as a photographer except I guess at some point he would have someone take a picture of him and my sister too (no bride and groom as social distancing etc - but people may as well have a photo if they are all dressed up!)

• D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe he'd have to have insurance and a contract to officially be a supplier rather than guest? It's so hard to understand all the different guidelines, isn't it? Not sure how these things get regulated - maybe it'll depend on how strict your venue is going to be. Sorry to not actually be of any help!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

As mentioned you could of run into some issues if you have a reception but you are not having one.

When we first came out of lockdown weddings were 30 but it also included the photographer and vid but not the venue staff. So people were having to choose between inviting Auntie or having a photographer. This was either a "fag packet" policy oversight or it was intentional to stop people having 4 "photographers" and 4 "video guys" and so getting away with 8 extra guests.

Then this was changed so that people working at your wedding were not included in the numbers.

The weddings I shot under those 30 and 15 guest regs, no one ever asked to see my insurance (or anything else ) to prove I was an official supplier.

PS

"(he actually did one of my sisters weddings as their photographer didn't show on the day -" Smiley surprise didn't show !! Smiley surprise

• N
    Beginner March 2021 Northumberland
    Natasha ·
    • Hide content
    I am due to get married during the lockdown (specific circumstances) meaning I can only have 6 people. I was told that workers dont count so therefore yes. I currently have more workers than guests.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes in your circumstances at least it looks like someone making policies have actually put some thought into it. I doubt anyone will be asking who all your workers are. Smiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics