Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Ducky*
Beginner July 2012

Bubble confetti? Now with a *flash*!

*Ducky*, 22 February, 2012 at 16:14 Posted on Planning 0 15

I've just found out we aren't allowed confetti, even real petals, at the ceremony venue (a beautiful windmill surrounded by reed marshes and the beach on the North Norfolk coast, so kind of understandable):

They did suggest bubbles, but I have visions of our guests trying to puff lots of bubbles out and not many bubbles in the air!

I did think of buying a couple of those kiddies bubble-gun/machine things, however, I think I am more excited by the fact of owning a bubble gun than actually having bubbles as confetti!

If any of you have been to a wedding where they had bubbles, and it was rubbish, I am quite happy to have no confetti at all rather than rubbish bubble confetti.

My lovely mum showing me that my £1 bubble guns are fab!

15 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 20 April, 2012 at 09:00
  • jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I quite like the idea of bubbles but I'd be worried about them popping on my dress and leaving a mark. Not sure if that's just me being a worry wort or if it does happen. Venue is beautiful by the way!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We had a mixture of bubbles and confetti and it did work.

I don't have any photos on this computer but the bubbles did show up on the photos so obviously there were enough. It's really not that hard to puff the bubbles out, I mean little kids can do it?! Just get a bottle per guest. We had the champagne-shaped ones.

Also they didn't stain my dress at all, but it was quite a dark ivory so maybe that made a difference.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I think I am a bit worried about the lack of bubbles as there will only be 17 people blowing them. I fear they may also look a bit 'special' in the pictures.

Not too fussed about marks on the dress, it's pretty much water and they will dry.

Flowergirl has piped up with 'I learnt to blow bubbles at nursery last week, so I am really good at it Auntie Ducky.' And BIL has offered (slightly too enthusiastically) to be a bubble-gun holder. I think they have answered my question!

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like it will be a fun part of your wedding! You could get everyone a gun!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
  • charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

We're having bubbles too as we cant have confetti x

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

My friend had it at her wedding and to be honest, it's a little bit fiddly if it's windy, but it's a lot of fun and looks good in the photographs Smiley smile

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

You can get bubble guns for £1! Or 24 guns for £18 on this site:

http://funkycrab.eu/products/Friction-Bubble-Gun.html

I'll have a shop around but I thought they would cost more than that. Bubble guns all round I think!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is true and you need to get all the puffers upwind....Do though have control of the origin of the solution as some can stain. Other problems is when they are used near to dance floors as this can cause the floor to become slippery. Also do some trial runs before buying a lot. Some are rubbish at bubbles and more solution gets blown rather than bubbles, which again can be a stain problem.

When done well

, it does create a very good photographic opportunity....

Peter

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

D

Do you know the ingredient(s) that stain so I can look out for it rather that buy test bubbles and blob it on my clothes to wait and see!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

My lovely Mum showing how well the bubble guns work... not sure I need 20 now though.

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

They look fab- thanks for the link. As we're getting married by the beach (sort of) was looking at the fish ones -but can I really justify spending the extra hmmmmmmm

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

These are fab! Where did u get them from in the end? x

• poggz
    Beginner October 2012
    poggz ·
    • Hide content

OMG They are amazing!!!!! wish they did them in something other than pink lol!! hmmmm me thinks i should be heading to dragons den lol!!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ducky did you actually but your bubble guns from here in the end? I think I may have to go down the bubble route seeing as any confetti we use needs to be swept up after ? I may get some guns and then some normal bottles...

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

No I got clear ones in the end and can't remember where from!! I'll have a look in my emails.

Mine light up and play a siren noise. Made my mum chuckle!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics