Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bluebutterfly
Beginner April 2011

bubble machine

bluebutterfly, 4 July, 2010 at 13:19 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

Thinking of hiring a bubble machine for our wedding, as I like bubbles and there are going to be a lot of kids.

Not sure how practical it will be though.Slippy floors? Ruined clothes?

Maybe put it outside somehow, but already have a bouncy casle planned for outside.

Anyone got any thought/ experience with this?

Thanx

7 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 4 July, 2010 at 15:05
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Friend had bubble machine & I dont remember any slippery floors (wooden) or messy clothes. I was a little tipsy from vinos by the time it was turned on though! Think is depends on the type of bubble mix. Saw a fake snow machine & that made slippery, wet mess all over the floor.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I would be more worried about it touching my dress and staining!

I would have one outside though, you can get little automated battery powered ones from ELC...

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

I think its a nice idea. I don't think it would make the floor slippy.

Would make some fab pics.

• bluebutterfly
    Beginner April 2011
    bluebutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies.

I agree, it will be fab for pictures.

Will mention it to the venue, see what they think, they might have health and safety regulations !

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I have a bubble machine. If you limit its useage or have it on carpet you're ok. I've experimented with all kinds of fluids....and they are all slippery. The other thing you have to be careful with is the venues PLI. Bubble machines are often exclusions because of the hazard they cause.

Saying that, I have used it for a first dance, but just done a quick burst now and again, allowing for photos to be taken. I've also had it positioned in an archway entrance to the room for people to walk through. That was left on and was OK because it was on carpet. As for staining clothes.....I've not had any instances of that.

Hope that helps

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

The company I'm getting my bouncy castle from also hires other bits our and a bubble machine is one of those things so might be worth enquiring with your bouncy castle people? I only think is was £20 to hire a fairly sizeable one and means someone else sets it up so you don't have to worry about it!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Using the right quality liquid is important to avoid this....

(I do carry one around in the car for use on weddings if required)

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics