Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2015

Budget venues South Yorkshire

Stappss, 10 of June of 2014 at 11:23 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I need desperate help with my venue hunt!

I live in Doncaster, and i am happy with a registry office ceremony, but i am having a nightmare trying to find a reception venue. In a dream world it would be a barn, historical outhouse or small marquee. I have 52 guests (including bride and groom) and would like outdoor space for a BBQ.

I'm sick of being told you mus have X amount of guests, and they must have X amounts of food and drinks and blah! Can anybody help me?

Thanks all!

3 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 12 of June of 2014 at 09:52
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried The Wentbridge Hotel in Pontefract or Tankersley Manor in Barnsley? Sorry I don't know of anywhere in Doncaster specifically.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Try Whitley Hall, near Sheffield. It's very nice and probably "too expensive" but if you are careful with your date then you may be able to get a good price. Whitley Hall has a relatively small function room, so they can't really attract the "big" weddings.

This article about how to really cut costs may help you. http://ww2.ollievision.co.uk/wp/index.php/save-money-on-your-wedding/

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

How budget is budget? Whiston Memorial Barn is wonderful, my Dad was involved with it, not sure it has outdoor space though, but the costs are really good, especially consdiering it includes venue decoration and it'slicensed for weddings so you could get wed there.:

https://www.manorialbarnwhiston.co.uk/

Tankersley, not cheap, Whitely Hall, not cheap either - but very beautiful

The Charnwood at Blyth has a marquee in the summer - not overly cheap though from what I remember. But Best Western hotels do offer some good wedidng packages (The Charnwood is a Best Western and it has a massive outdoor area)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics