Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D

Budget Wedding Reception Kent Help!

Davidcafc, 13 of January of 2014 at 17:21 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some help planning our Wedding Reception Venue. Ideally we would like to do it in Kent for 60 people sit down meal and 120 total in the evening.

We are on a bit of a budget of £2k and looking for something a little bit different / quirky

We have already looked into High Rocks which looks great but I think it might be to much. We loved the idea of The Wise Wedding Venue but I was was over priced.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Many Thanks

David

12 replies

Latest activity by Davidcafc, 16 of January of 2014 at 13:31
  • Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you look at Swallows Oast in Ticehurst. I know its just outside Kent but meets all your above criteria Smiley smile We are getting married there next year )

• D
    Davidcafc ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the responses. I like the looks of Swallows Oast. Do you mind me asking how much the venue was?

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya. Its £1500 but you have to hire tables and chairs onto but ours is less than £2k. :-) beautiful place. U can even get married in the woods :-) x

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

There was an excellent deal on wowcher .... I'll look for .. it looked lovely! it was the old donkey or s something ..

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

It was the blazing donkey ... deal over now but I would keep looking on places like wowcher and groupon xx

• D
    Davidcafc ·
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing Fran! We were keen for a woodland wedding. We looked at the wise wedding venue which was stunning but expensive! Thanks Steph. Will check it out

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at wise weddings and yeah same thing very pricey. :-( fell in love with swallows oast x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't recall the detail although this venue did have some negative comments on this forum a while back. Perhaps another "oldie" might recall the thread.

That all said, this was a while back and may not reflect how it is currently run....

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no you have got me worried now

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I can also recommend Swallows Oast, we are getting married there Aug 2015.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its hard to forget a name like that isn't it Peter?

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/171069.aspx?PageIndex=1 (the thread in question which as Peter already pointed out is quite old now, although trip advisor suggests not much has changed,)

• D
    Davidcafc ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the ideas so far. I still haven't heard back from the swallows oast. I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. Struggling to find a reception which includes a meal and evening food for under £2000 :-(

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics