Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious September 2022 Lancashire

Buffet catering!?!

Mel, 29 of August of 2021 at 17:37 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi all we are having our wedding reception at a cricket club. We have been given a choice of a sit down meal and buffet food later on, or buffet food and pies for later on the evening. We get married in mid Sept 2022 so really need to make a decision....will people be OK with a buffet wedding breakfast rather than a sit down?

4 replies

Latest activity by Kalee, 5 of September of 2021 at 21:06
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I have been to a couple of weddings where the breakfast was a buffet and my only thoughts would be it takes a while for everyone to get through the line so people may be finished before others start so will be sat round waiting for the next part of the day such as speeches and at one some people helped themselves to so much there was not much left. If they are serving the portion then that may negate that issue. If the cost is comparable my personal choice would be sit down, is nice for people to catch up over the meal and you wont be worrying people are waiting and getting hangry or bored whilst you eat.

• K
    Curious October 2022 Caerphilly
    Kalee ·
    • Hide content
    I'm having a buffet at mine. A sit down meal is nice but we want a nice relaxed party feel to our wedding so a buffet seems ideal. Everyone we have spoken too say they prefer it to a sit down meal as they can choose exactly what they want and they can eat when they want rather then at a ridged time
  • M
    Curious September 2022 Lancashire
    Mel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what i thought, plus we have about 20 kids/teens going and I can see them getting bored at a sit down.
  • K
    Curious October 2022 Caerphilly
    Kalee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can see what you mean. Personally I'd say buffet all the way but you could always give the kids a small activity sheet or colouring book (budget allowing of course) to keep them entertained if you do decide on a sit down meal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics