Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2013

Build your own wedding website - recommendations please

MissyLainey, 18 of April of 2012 at 20:11 Posted on Planning 0 17

We are about to do our Save the Date cards. We need to include a lot of information as my family will be travelling from Ireland, so will need to book flights, accommodation etc.

We were thinking of keeping the Save the Date cards short by having a webpage with the logistical information etc... I've seen this done before but I was wondering if anyone had done one, and if they could recommend one to me please?

Thanks Smiley smile

17 replies

Latest activity by mel&mike, 23 of April of 2012 at 18:37
  • tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content

The Wedding Community has one - can't remember if it's theweddingcommunity.co.uk/.com/.net tho (think you get to the website with any of those). I've used their planning pages but didn't want a website so didn't really use that bit. Might be worth having a look. The planning bit is pretty good.

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

We've got one through zankyou as you can have RSVP through it plus a giftlist that you make yourself and people can pay online for if that makes sense.

Plus usual eg details, hotels, map

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    MRSPULLINTOBE ·
    • Hide content

We're using gettingmarried.co.uk i've found it reasonably easy to use

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Mine is through gettingmarried.co.uk and it great!

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    MissyLainey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just tried to use that one, and it hung while trying to set it up!! Not a good start ?

• tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh dear, sorry! Maybe best to go with another one then...

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another vote for gettingmarried.co.uk here - dead easy to use and everyone thought we had had it done professionally!

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

We used wedding window which is a US site. It's great because you can customise it loads, from the colours, fonts and layouts to the number of custom pages. You can also trial it for free for a week.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

We've used gettingmarried.co.uk.

Hitched has a section for this too but I was wary of attracting people to the site and then stumbling across the forums!!

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

We're using www.mywedding.com, and love it! I thought it had some of the best layout options, and is very user friendly. The only thing it lacks is an interactive seating plan, which I know a few sites have. We also bought a personalized domain name from GoDaddy for £4 or £5 for a year (such as, www.johnandjanedoe.com) and used it to redirect to the mywedding site. The website went on our invitations, and we didn't want folks to have to enter a lengthy URL.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Sep12Bride ·
    • Hide content

We used gettingmarried.co.uk too, easy to use and very versatile!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Zankyou! They are great! You can RSVP (it meant I got them back really quickly) gift list and table plan (trust me this is a godsend!) Plus the hotel details, travel or anything else you want. All free! The support from the site is great too.

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    MissyLainey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - I tried and that link doesn't seem to work?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    mel&mike ·
    • Hide content

Claire,

I salute you!! haha! your website is great! well done, i'm just doing mine now...

Can i ask, how did you include the photos in your ceremony section and bridal party sections? my layout doesnt seem to give me that option?

Mel xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics