Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SingleNoMore
Beginner April 2013

Bulk buy chocolate?

SingleNoMore, 10 January, 2013 at 07:53 Posted on Planning 0 18

Our favours are just little boxes full of chocolate balls, foiled covered I was imagining, except these are proving harder to find that I thought. We've got the boxes but I guess I assumed I'd be able to go to Poundland and buy things but they haven't got anything suitable, so I've been looking online, and while there are lots of things on eBay I'm just not sure about the quality of the chocolate from sites like that.

Any ideas anyone?

We've got 50 little boxes to fill....!

18 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Momma, 14 January, 2013 at 17:15
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a Costco by you and know someone with a card?

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

No to both unfortunately Smiley sad

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've tried some from ebay, they taste like Easter egg chocolate/ Christmas tree chocolate/ Cheap non branded chocolate (A bit more bitter than say Dairymilk or Galaxy)

Have you thought about buying the Aero bubble balls? They are delicious!

Available at poundland!

Edit: They're on BOGOF in Tesco quite often too. Depending on how big your boxes are 1 packet should do a few boxes (assuming they're the usual ones about 2 inches x 2 inches)

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

When are you getting married? If its Easter time, have you thought about Cadbury Mini Eggs?

If not, Aero Balls could be a good idea.

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

Hobby craft do boxes of foiled chocolates

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Well we're getting married two weeks after Easter (April 13th) so I was thinking that by then people will be done with Easter and probably had their share of mini-eggs!

I wasn't sure about loose chocolates such as aero balls or maltesers etc as it's a little messier, if they get bashed around in transport they could start losing chocolate out the cracks of the boxes, and presentation wise i just thought it was nicer if they were individually wrapped. I also don't think that H2B would think that Aero balls were "premium" enough for the boxes.

I saw the ones in Hobbycraft a while back but they're actually very expensive for what you're getting. I think they're playing on the convenience of having them there with all the cardboard boxes (which is where we got our boxes from) but it's not a cost-efficient way of doing it IMO.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Raspberry ruffles? Buying a couple of tins of Celebrations/Heroes/Roses etc to fill the boxes?

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

What are raspberry ruffles? The name rings a bell but i can't picture them!

Again, the OH would say no to Cadbury/Nestle branded Celebrations as not being "special" enough. I suggested that already!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Coconut and raspberry flavour fondant creams covered in dark chocolate.

I LOVE them.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

• Rachalan
    Beginner April 2016
    Rachalan ·
    • Hide content

What about Lindor by Lindt, they do mixed boxes online and also individually foil wrapped chocolate eggs and you can buy direct through the Lindt Website, do you have any local sweet/chocolate shops? If you go and speak to them as you need quite a large amount they may be able to order for you from a Wholesaler.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my God, I've not had these for AAAAAAGES!!!! They are lush! ?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    mrsf2be2013 ·
    • Hide content

We too are having small boxes filled with chocolates but ours are loose chocolates so I've bought a few big boxes from BHS in the Christmas sale. They are Lily o'Brian which are apparently nice and the use by date is much later than the wedding. Just need to keep them somewhere cool until then!

Thorntons are also selling off big boxes but they worked out a bit more expensive than the BHS ones.

• N
    Beginner March 2013
    Nic78 ·
    • Hide content

You can get personalised M&M's in your choice of colours - I do think they are a little bit on the expensive side but if they fit your budget they would look good in the boxes.

Just a thought. x

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cocktail-Couture ·
    • Hide content

Do they have to be balls?

Country Baskets do individually wrapped foil hearts very nice belgian chocolate, they sell them in packs of 50 i think

they are in the wedding section and are not too expensive and lots of different colours.

Or valentines day coming up m&s, co op, pound land also do mini foil wrapped hearts cheap especially after valentines day!

• C
    Beginner April 2013
    clairerouth ·
    • Hide content

We've been considering John Lewis "just married" chocolate coins: http://www.johnlewis.com/231468109/Product.aspx

They also do "just married" rock candy: http://www.johnlewis.com/231468107/Product.aspx

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions, some good ones too! Regarding the M&Ms, they would've been great, but our favour boxes are annoyingly large so we would've needed a ton of them! Ideally Lindt Lindor would've been great, but i fear they're just too expensive.

In the end we saw a load of Thorntons boxes reduced yesterday so bought a ton of them and will drop five or six of those in each box.

Question - what should I line/put in the bottom of the boxes so it's not just loose chocolate in a cardboard box? Tissue paper's not right, but something like it...?

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

To line the boxes you could get some tissue/crepe paper and put it through a shredder so you end up with lots of tiny little strips. I did that for my Mum's Christmas present last year. Just a thought!

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

Just a thought about allergies- make sure you let people know what is in the chocs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics