Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

bustle??

22 of April of 2014 at 09:09 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone

I woke up this morning in a bit of a panic about what type of bustle I want. I had my fitting on Friday and had decided on having an under bustle but my dress was so long and had so much material that I couldn't really tell if this was the best option and am now thinking an over bustle would be best. I have just spoken to my seamstress and asked her to hold fire on the bustle until my next fitting so I now have a few more weeks decide. My dress is princess style with a full tulle skirt. What is everyone else doing? Do any OMs have any pics of there bustles that may be able to help me.

Thanks

Laura xx

8 replies

Latest activity by Perox, 22 of April of 2014 at 14:21
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I had an underbustle because the train of my dress had so much key detail/applique/flowers at the "bustle point" that we didn't want to hide it. However, I didn't bustle my dress once!

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    corr1ne ·
    • Hide content

Is there any detail on the tulle at the back of the skirt? My dress similiar in style to yours Laura; I think I'll be going for an under bustle because of detailing on the back of my dress.

• *RMD*
    Beginner April 2015
    *RMD* ·
    • Hide content

Oh god what is a bustle??? am i being dim......LOL

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Don't know the answer but keen for advice myelf. I guess the answer is different for each bride and dress. Would a.yone be willing to flash what they did?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I didnt know there was a difference! This is what I had, but I didn't have a massive skirt. By our home party the ribbon had broken so I just had to hold it up by the wrist strap all night.

• Perox
    Beginner October 2013
    Perox ·
    • Hide content

I had an under bustle put into my dress, which had a fairly big train/biggish skirt (I've attached a pic which shows the back of it) but I didn't put it up once! I just loved having my dress down 'in full' it was the only time I was going to wear it after all!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics