Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayhan
Beginner May 2023 South Yorkshire

Bustle or Wrist Loop?!

Rayhan, 13 of February of 2022 at 21:29 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 9
Help! I have bought a beautiful wedding dress with a really nice long train… I don’t want this to become a pain during the evening dancing but I’m not sure I like the look of most ‘bustles’! Any ideas on what you think would work with this dress style?!

Bustle or Wrist Loop?! 1

9 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 16 of February of 2022 at 09:44
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I agree - a lot of them look like the dress has got caught up in the brides knickers when she’s gone to the loo 😂 try searching for ballroom bustles and train flip bustles and see if you like them any more. You could also look at pics of bow bustles to see if you like them. I’ve just been googling and searching Pinterest
  • Rayhan
    Rayhan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They do haha! Perfect thank you so much Smiley smile
  • E
    New York
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content

What a nice dress! You look stunning in this dress. But yeah it might be possible during the dance it will be creating trouble for you. So if you are afraid to wear this dress try another one. There are thousands of dresses listed on many e-commerce websites. Try to choose one of them.

• Rayhan
    Rayhan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I’ll have a think!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

A wrist loop never seems to be much help and they end up digging into your wrist, certainly wont be much help on the dance floor. You will get a wrist loop in there normally anyway but for general walking about with a train that size I find the best method is to just hang it over your forearm. Especially for the photos when you may be walking from one spot to another and putting the dress back out again.

Because your dress train is thin and lightweight it will not be like some of the bustles you may of seen.

• Rayhan
    Rayhan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really helpful thank you!
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have just gone through my files as your dress reminded me of this one

Bustle or Wrist Loop?! 2

So I looked at her dance floor shots to see how she dealt with it and she has just let it flow and do its thing. Other brides tend to grab the end of the train and "swoosh" and dance with it. Most dresses seem to have a hidden button to hook it up to somewhere at the bottom of the zip/buttons/laceup are you sure that yours does not so that you can try it and see what it looks like.
  • Rayhan
    Rayhan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is really helpful thank you! The dress I only got at the weekend and won’t actually be ready to collect until towards the end of the year but I will definitely check when I get it!
    Thank you again Smiley smile
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You may not have a wrist loop in that dress because you would see it through the fine lace. But a small loop used to bustle it up could be hidden. Anyway its far more convenient and quicker to throw it over your arm as when brides have used the loop they always seem to struggle getting off their wrist and then it leaves a red mark.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics