Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner March 2014

button bouquet

WelshSam, 16 of September of 2013 at 16:35 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm planning on making a button bouquet. Like this:

Has anyone else made one who can offer some helpful tips on how to make it sturdy? Should i use lots of floral tape and bind all the threads firmily together or used something like this?

4 replies

Latest activity by Sprollie, 17 of September of 2013 at 17:44
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at my tutorial https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/instructions-on-how-to-make-a-button-bouquet.html I have had some good feedback on how well it works and I made the ones here with it https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/button-and-brooch-bouquets.html

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the link. I like the sieve idea... how many button stems are we talking to make a decent size bouquet?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I never counted them but maybe 50 large plus the small gap filler ones

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

Here's a tip from the actual designer of that bouquet (my Lollipop Love Bouquet), I don't use bouquet holders ?

Being totally honest, I am not an advocate of bouquet holders or sieves, and not sure they would able to hold that many stems securely (my bouquet has over 100 stems) but you don't know until you try.

But as it's for yourself (i.e. not selling) then it wouldn't matter so much if stems were a little wobbly.

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sprollie ·
    • Hide content

I used 3d jewellery's method mostly- i only found it once i had started, it worked brilliantly, i lost count of buttons but had over 200 stems! I am not a crafty person so i needed a base else i would have thrown it out of the window. I bought 2 packs of buttons off ebay as 'fillers' i would definitely recommend that, the rest are special to me in some way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics