Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2012

Button hole confusion

lotte_, 2 April, 2012 at 21:02 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm ordering corsages for the Mothers which will be a bit special. Do all the boys have the same button hole or does the groom have something different??

11 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 3 April, 2012 at 08:56
  • BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I think everyone's opinion is slightly different on this but my general understanding of this is they should match in some way but grooms be a little different to show he is the groom. my theme is red and i have ordered ivory rose for groom with red details incorporated as the ivory matches my dress and the red will the BM's and the rest of the men have red roses to match my BM's dresses.

HTH x

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

I was planning to have 2 flowers in the groom's button hole but just one for the other boys so he looks special - HTH

Not having corsages though

• B
    Beginner October 2012
    butterflystar ·
    • Hide content

Just another question linked to this.. who should we get buttonholes for.... we counted up 38 people we thought should have them..... really that many?!

xx

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unless you have a really big wedding party then i can't imagine you needing that many. I do know that some people order one for all the close family and friends but i just wanted my main wedding party to have flowers so i am having small bouquets for BM's, 5 groomsmen buttonholes and one for the groom and 3 corsages.

HTH x

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

I made ours so the mums have one version tehn the best man and dads have another. Fiance is having similar to the best man and dads but a bit more fancy.

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Oh and out of badness I added feathers to Fiances as he was moaning about having to wear one in the first place. Whoops, my hand slipped!

• PosieBouquets
    PosieBouquets ·
    • Hide content

The most common number that people order from us is 6, presumably groom, bestman, 2 x mother and 2 x father. Some people do buy for the whole wedding party although this is rare.

The groom usually has a buttonhole in a different colour or slightly more fancy than the others, with the mothers having a slightly more detailed floral corsage.

Hope this helps!

Sarah x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I think it very much depends on who you ask. Our male attendants are all having the same buttonholes, and OH will have a nicer one to make him a little different from the other men.

As for women, I was going to let everyone sort their own as women seem to have more personal preference for flowers and shades etc. I guess my short answer is I don't know but suspect it can be whatever you want.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Usually the Groom has a buttonhole which is a little bit more special than the rest of the guys so he stands out as being the Groom on the photos. The remaining people who would normally have them are Best man, FOB, FOG and any ushers in attendance. MOB and MOG usually have a corsage which has more flowers in than a buttonhole and sometimes people order extra ones for Grandma's but after those people, it's down to preference and budget.

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

My Oh is having a button hole that uses the flowers form my bouquet and the ushers and best man and dads are all having single roses. We have corsarges for MOB, MOG and my nan (only one left)

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What RF said! Although I have been to weddings where the Groom is differentiated by having a different cravat/tie and then had the same buttonhole, so it's often down to personal taste. We're having a slightly different flower for OH (Sweet Avalanche rose, instead of Avalanche rose) but mainly because his cravat will already be different.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We had buttonholes for everyone , but that was because we got married the week before remembrance Sunday so we got poppies from The Royal British Legion for all our guest's instead of your usual buttonholes.

We did have fancy ones made for MIL, my sister and SIL.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics