Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Linz160
Beginner November 2013

Button holes / corsages ... Who do we supply for?

Linz160, 21 April, 2013 at 16:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have a consultation with the florist in a couple of weeks and am not sure how many button holes and corsages to estimate for? As a norm, who would we be expected to supply these for? G, BM, FOB, FIL, MOB, MIL, grandparents, MOH's OH? Wasn't sure what the etiquette was here, or if I just ask and see you wants? Would be good to hear some opinions.

9 replies

Latest activity by MrsI2Be, 21 April, 2013 at 20:55
  • Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

My Mum brought that up the other day. I thought only the bridal party wore them but she said all guests do. We looked through old photos to find it a bit hit and miss (some did, some didn't)

I've decided to provide mine for G, FIL, BM, FOB and two corsages for MOB, MIL plus because they are the only grandparents two buttonholes for my Gran and Grandad. I felt that being older they would go more for tradition, plus it ties in with the wedding a bit more then.

My buttonholes are only costing £1.75 which is why I've paid for them all - if they were pricier I'd have felt it was a waste of money and only bothered with the four men to add colour to their black suits.

I've left it that if other guest want some they will have to get it themselves.

• Linz160
    Beginner November 2013
    Linz160 ·
    • Hide content

My list was same as yours, but added my MOH's boyfriend also, if he wants it. Cheers

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Traditionally, Buttonholes for the Groom who normally has one a little bit more special than the rest of the guys, FOB, FOG, Best Man and any ushers in attendance. Corsages are worn by MOB, MOG and if required, Grandparents or special Aunts etc. Any extra to this is purely down to choice and budget. It's not customary to provide them any longer for all the guests and I always advise against this as so many get wasted. Men generally don't like wearing buttonholes and lady guests prefer either to buy one that matches their outfit or don't wear one at all.

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

We are organising buttonholes for the groom, best man, ushers and our parents. I guess that you could ask other people if they want them but you may end up footing a huge bill!

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

Groom, Best man, Usher, Father of the Bride and Page boy are wearing buttonholes
    Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom and My Nan are wearing corsages
    Chief Bridesmaid, Bridesmaid and Flower Girl are wearing wrist corsages (instead of bouquet)

I'm making mine and can't afford to make another 25+ for all other guests. Especially as most of them will end up in the bin. Waste of money to be honest.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We're just supplying them for close family and the best man. This includes close aunts, uncles and cousins who are close.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I only had them for groom,bm,x2 usher, 1 page boy my dad/his dad and both mums - got to the church and found mum had gone behind my back and ordered corsages to all my side of the family in a pink carnation when my flowers were a gerbera- I asked her why and she said ' tradition' the pics look silly cos all my family have a flower where his doesn't grrrrr !!!!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Good thread!

I was going to do them for my OH, all parents (3 sets) our 3 sisters and their other halves plus their children and older children's oh's , our son and daughter (ushers) and our 3 other daughters who are bms will have something different.

Having read this, I think that's quite alot (19 + wand and 3 bouquets) so I may now just do 6 parents, OH, ushers and bms. As I'm doing them myself it will be less work, less expense and fewer stresses... better check with hubster first.....

Thankyou! :0)

• stompie
    stompie ·
    • Hide content

Never even thought about anyone other than the grooms party!! Haha Will need to remember this!!

• M
    Beginner January 1998
    MrsI2Be ·
    • Hide content

We have been discussing this tonight! Decided that we are going to do button holes for groom, best man, usher, page boy, my dad and OH dad. Then corsages for the two mums. We discussed doing them for grandparents too but for us that would be another 10 people and I think that's just too much!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics