Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2015

Button Holes..do you think these are too girly?

Rebeccafcr, 10 of November of 2014 at 12:08 Posted on Planning 0 14

Ok, so I'm going a bit DIY on this wedding, and am making my own brooch style bouquet, so wanted to tweak the button holes I had ordered to co-ordinate.

This is what the button hole looked like:

My mum said they are too girlyfor the men to wear... what do you think?

the pink matches the colour of my bridesmaid dresses exactly... and I'm guessing my fiance, dad and BM tie's are going to be that colour to co-ordinate too....

thought's?

14 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 11 of November of 2014 at 16:44
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I prefer the original, I have to say. I think the additions on the second photo detract from the flower, and although your bouquet will be able to absorb the colours and beads etc due to its size and shape, I don't think the buttonholes can do so in the same way.

Less is more, for me, on this one!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Mmm I think the pink bow is a bit much tbh..otherwise nice Smiley smile x

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I'm not very girly, so very biased, but I much prefer the first one.

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the other comments. Both are lovely, but the first one was just as pretty without the additions.

x

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Agree with all the above too sorry, the bow and the beady things seem a bit much on it. I do quite like the little brooch tho, maybe you could just incorporate that so it still ties in with your brooch bouquet, then you get a bit of extra detail without it being too much?

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear.... back to the drawing board...

i'd seen this, so this is what I was trying to copy:

Back to pinterest for more inspiration!xx

thanks for your honest opinions ladies! no doubt i'll be back!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Well if its any consolation you recreated that beautifully! and tbh its you (and your fiance) who have to like them...im sure a lot of people wouldnt be keen on certain aspects of our wedding, but as long as you love it, its all that matters.

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou!

Tbh, I've just had so much negativity since we booked the wedding that I'm beyond what we want, and I just want to make sure everything is as pleasing on the eye as possible because I'd be devastated to get negativity on the day itself, especially as we are putting so much into it with the DIY parts.x

So long as we get married, that's all that matters to us.x

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Nobody will be negative about whether they like the buttonholes or not on the day. Honestly, it is only you that will worry about what people think - they will be too busy looking at you and seeing how happy you are, that is all they will notice.

We brides are good at wanting things to be perfect....and stressing about them accordingly. But think back to every wedding/christening etc that you have been to, and think HONESTLY about the bits you noticed!

Sometimes we try too hard - I am constantly being told that I am guilty of this, and perhaps that is what you are trying to do here. Kick back a bit, just for a moment, and enjoy it for what it is. You will look beautiful, your bridesmaids and ushers etc will look fabby, your groom will look gorgeous, and negativity can just GO DO ONE for the day.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

recognise that brooch it's one I sell but still think it's a bit too feminine for the guys

• L
    Beginner August 2014
    LRsoontobeLH ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with the others that it's a bit too girly. That's also a problem with P'interest, I just pin all the things I like but they sometimes aren't quite what we think they are. I showed my florist the sort of buttonhole I wanted for my OH and she said "oh but that's a ladies buttonhole". Id just searched for buttonholes and presumed only men wore them but apparently you can get ladies ones too!

Its lovely though, perhaps your Mum could attach it to her bag more like a corsage? Or she could wear it as a ladies buttonhole (ladies wear them on the right apparently, cos we're always right!)?

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

That's a lovely idea to give it to your Mum to wear. It's too pretty not to be used and your Mum will feel special to have something slightly different on.

x

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, your right. I think I'm probably a bit extra sensitive at the moment so over worrying about things!

That's a good idea for mum to wear this one.

then perhaps do something different for the men... with the BM's having fuchsia pink dresses, I was going to put white ribbon round the handle of there bouquets so it's not pink overload, so perhaps could coordinate the men's buttonholes that way.

3d jewellery, yes, I bought some of the brooches I have for my bouquet from you Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

It's not that I think they are too girly it's just that the first one is easier on the eye. In my opinion I think simplicity is better- I'm doing DIY buttonholes and have just taken out the 'baby's breath' part as I think it looks nicer when it's simpler. But your choice! I like the idea you had to incorporate the broach but I don't think the ribbon or the pearl bits are needed x

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I really like the beads with the flower but the ribbon is a bit ott for my taste, maybe just scale it back a bit? I think a thinner ribbon would look better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics