Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bliss_balloons

Buttonhole help!

bliss_balloons , 11 of June of 2015 at 10:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Oh has seen lego men attached to buttonholes and now wants to do this. I have no idea the best way to attach them though and am worried about ruining the flowers. We're picking up all the flowers from the florist the day before the wedding so I would have to try and attach the little lego men the day before. In case you think I've got nutty this is the kind of thing he wants -

And I've ordered these lego men -

Or am I best off trying to do the buttonholes myself?

5 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 11 of June of 2015 at 15:41
  • TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Those look awesome!

I would probably attach some wire (like thinner than a paper clip type stuff) which you could wrap around the flowers? I'm thinking like the stuff you get inside those little plastic tie things with freezer bags and loaves of bread if that makes sense? Might even be able to hide it in between the head/body - but I;d glue the heads on to make sure they don't fall off! lol

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I would discuss with the florist and show pics of what you want. If they aren't aware, they will make the button hole so that the flower is the main focus point. If you then add the lego man on afterwards, it might look odd.

If the florist incorporates the lego man into the design while making the buttonhole, they can use floristy wire to attach him and make him seem part of the whole look, rather than a stuck on/additional bit at the front. Very unique too!

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

What flowers are you having for your buttonholes ? It would be easier to wire the flower onto the Lego men (around their head or little arms !!) Your florist could do this using very fine wire. I think they are great Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner
    Cece100 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^ WSS

I agree with TrixieSaurus - maybe try a piece of thin wire on the join of where the legs meet the body also for double strength.

Failing that, I would, like others have said ask the florist for some advice.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Great thanks for all your help. I was thinking of just having baby's breath so the lego is more the focus. I'll have a word with our florist and see what she can do, otherwise I'll be stocking up on wire and super glue!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics