Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Philippa_1
Beginner August 2011

Buttonholes??????????/

Philippa_1, 25 January, 2011 at 21:59 Posted on Planning 0 3

Just a quick question for our buttonholes we are having red and white roses and just wondered traditionally which one the men have and which the women have

TIA

3 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 26 January, 2011 at 07:57
  • Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Whichever you want and whatever colour suits the BMs / groomsmen's outfits better!

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I think tradition is that men have white and ladys have pink and the grooms men have red and white with the mob having pink and white. (iam sure some 1 will tell me if iam wrong)

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

There aren't really any rules 'traditionally' as to the colour of the buttonholes. They are meant to match your colour scheme but if you are having red and white roses, personally I would suggest red for the Groom and white for everyone else. When you say buttonholes for the ladies - do you mean lady guests or Mother of the Bride, Mother of Groom, grandparents etc? Normally MOB, MOG have corsages rather than just a buttonhole - these have more flowers than a buttonhole and they are more feminine. Basically there are three options - Groom's buttonhole which is usually a bit more special than the other principal male guests, standard buttonhole for people such as best man and ushers, and ladies corsages.

Examples to show the difference if that helps...

Standard buttonhole:-

"Special" buttonhole or "Groom's buttonhole"

Ladies corsage:-

Hope that helps.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Here are some examples of Red & White Rose Buttonholes, you can have either colour for the Groom. If the Bridesmaids are wearing Red then I would match it to them:

Or you can mix the 2 colours together:

The same with Corsages for the ladies which are a bit fancier

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics