Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner May 2018

Buying bridesmaid dresses online

Oldbarnbride, 3 of August of 2016 at 19:23 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi everyone

Been looking at a few websites online for bridesmaid dresses and just wondered if anyone had ordered theirs off the net and if so what were they like quality wise? Ive seen a few I like on www.forherandforhim.com and they have good reviews but im a bit worried with it being online. I did speak to someone who ordered her dresses from this site who really spoke highly of them which did put me slightly at ease but does anyone have any flashes of internet bought bridesmaid dresses??

Thanks

14 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550, 7 of August of 2016 at 10:24
  • rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from DressLongBridal on Etsy and they were perfect, I was very wary but had no issues whatsoever! Here's a little pic of one of them! I ordered colour samples from them first and they added extra length on to one of them for me with no problems. XXxx

• O
    Beginner May 2018
    Oldbarnbride ·
    • Hide content

Ah they are beautiful..and so is your dress wow! Will have a look on there thanks x

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

I ordered mine from China! Have no pics now as haven't got married yet, but they are stunning.

About £150 cheaper than what I would have got in my bridal shop!

Luck of the draw is spose but I'm well happy ?

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my MOH dress from The Dress Bay http://www.thedressbay.co.uk/ and I'm seriously impressed with the quality of it- especially as it was in the sale for £40!

I'm not sure my MOH is going to like it or will be prepared to wear it, but if she doesn't, at that price it's going in MY wardrobe for when I need an evening dress!!

No pictures of it on, but this is the stock photo:

They have loads of styles and colours and also do wrap dresses in a huge amount of colours- I asked them to send me a sample of the fabric for the non-wrap dresses and they were more than happy to do so- I asked them to send the two colours I thought would fit with our colour scheme, and she sent both. Highly recommended!!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

As I didn't get permission from my bridesmaids I have hidden their faces, but it's the dresses that are important.

They differed in price a bit depending on size, but they averaged out to £30ish, from Amazon brand called Ever Pretty, and I have to say for what I spent I wasn't expecting anything fabulous however was really impressed, and as they are/were Prime eligible they came next day.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Dainty Yard on etsy (the beaded one is little mistress)

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Debenhams online and they were on offer for I think £79 and they are gorgeous!

• O
    Beginner May 2018
    Oldbarnbride ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhh thanks everyone they all look beautiful I was a bit nervous about ordering online but it seems you all had good experiences xx

• O
    Beginner May 2018
    Oldbarnbride ·
    • Hide content

ahhh really? What was the seller name I might have a look as seen a few nice dessy ones x

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is just the colour I am looking for. I have also been looking at the Daintyard, what colour did you order please?

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I ordered champagne Smiley smile

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I bought brand new Dessy dress on eBay and her user name was carls1981 but she did say she was going on maternity leave so not sure if she is taking a break from it. Worth asking her anyway. They took about 12 weeks to come.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone used Shillas? There's a dress on their website I really like but not sure about ordering from them as not heard any feedback on them before

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey ladies,

sorry to butt in on the thread but i too am looking to purchase my bridesmaid dresses online as there is way more choice. I just wanted to say these dresses are gorgeous! Can I just ask how long they took to get shipped over here? I can't see any dress size options but I have found the measurements for the dress on the site so i'm guessing it's sort of a one size fits most dress? There was a length option of 45 or 50 inches are these the only lengths you can have or does she make dresses to a particular length for customers?

Many thanks ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics