Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsSquirrel2B
Beginner May 2017

Buying Engagement Ring in Jewellery Quarter - Advice

MrsSquirrel2B, 21 of January of 2016 at 12:48 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Everyone! We have just got engaged and would like to pick the ring together so we are thinking about going to the jewellery quarter this weekend. Has anyone else done this? I wanted to know if we will be able to buy one and take it home on the same day or if they won't have the stocks there. We are driving from near Bristol so don't really want to do the journey twice if we can avoid it. Thank you for your help!

6 replies

Latest activity by emma_lou1, 21 of January of 2016 at 22:22
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Hi lovely! Congratulations!! Smiley laugh

It really does depend. Most shops in the Jewellery Quarter make the rings themselves, so you are unlikely to take one home the same day unless they happen to have exactly what you want in your size.

You might be able to get the ring shipped though - it's worth asking Smiley smile

Don't let this put you off - h2b got my ring from Ernest Jones (too much of a faff to get into town as he can't drive) and it still took 3 weeks to get it in in my size, so it's no better from a high street store!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to choose a diamond, design the setting, etc. it's unlikely you'll leave with anything. However, if you're looking at a pre-made ring then you could buy it and take it away even if it's not the right size. If the setting is plain, there will be jewellers in Bristol that can resize a ring for a fee. You can also buy a diamond and find a jeweller who can design a setting and set the diamond.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I bought my engagement ring from the Jewellery Quarter. The store had its own workshop at the back, so we went off for an hour and got a drink while they resized it and then took it home that day.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I got my ring from the Jewellry Quarter but i didn't take it away that day, I had to go back a few weeks later to collect it but they can post them too you - I was just very wary of that option as we have issues with deliveries at our address as its a new development but they do it so it must be ok! We live in Manchester so was a bit of a drive but my dad actually has an apartment in Birmingham so that worked to our advantage! I absolutely loved picking out my own diamond and got a bargain, I'd recommend it to anyone - we are going back on 30th Jan for our wedding rings, I love it! If you have any other questions let me know, will happily help as much as I can xxx

• MrsSquirrel2B
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsSquirrel2B ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm really excited about it now! Smiley smile x

• E
    Beginner April 2017
    emma_lou1 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from the Jewellery Quarter on a spur of the moment decision to choose a ring. I took mine away on the day I brought it, I have really small hands but they had a one ready made that fitted perfect. I think it depends on the shop and the sizes they have but there are so many shops!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics