Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Buying someone else's cancelled wedding

budgetbride2013, 15 of January of 2013 at 14:14 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi there,I am looking to get married on a super-tight budget, I don't really mind when but hopefully in the next six months. I have read a lot about a company in the US called Bridal Brokers who re-sell cancelled weddings for a huge discount, and the testimonials are all wonderful. I was wondering if anyone knew of a UK company like this?Thank you so much!

7 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 15 of January of 2013 at 21:33
  • I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of this I'm afraid. Maybe you should try contacting some local venues? I've seen that venues often offer cheap last minute packages (some of which may be due to cancellations)

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

No, but they sound awful.

I would just get in touch with venues you like the look of. They often do last minute deals on weddings anyway.

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you could contact wedding planners companies too, as they would do a "package" wedding deal more than venues would.

In UK the culture is a bit different, it takes teh DYI approach, where you have to get photographer, flowers, DJ, venue, etc... one by one rather than a huge package more like it would work in US.

It sounds like a great business idea, but not sure if it would work here.

What venues and suppliers do here is to discount last minute dates they might have due cancellations, not sure if it helps?

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

If you don't have definite date in mind, and aren't too fussy, I'd say it would be a really good idea to ring up local venues and see if they have the odd date still available. If it's near enough in the future, I'm sure you'd get a really good deal. I know I'd offer a good price if it was something I'd be unlikely to book elsewhere at short notice.

The only problem then is you have to find all your other suppliers and hope you can find people who are free for the date you've booked!

Let us know how you get on, would be interested in seeing what kind of last minte deals you can get Smiley smile

James

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content

My OH's brother got married last minute which had opened up because of a cancellation. I don't think bridal brokers exist over here but its maybe worth contacting a venue you like to see if they have any last minute dates free. He had 3 weeks notice so you may need to be well prepared

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I think you could strike last minute deals here although I've not heard of a company that does a whole package as such, that would probably be more likely to be with a wedding planner involved because I don't see how the venue or DJ etc. would still agree to hold the date on the premise the whole wedding would sell as a package. If you're looking to go budget, things like having a weekday wedding and a lot of DIY would be a good idea, and there's lots of ways of saving money on dresses and decorations.

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

We just struck a last minute deal on our new wedding venue, 9 weeks before our preposed wedding date! Our original venue completely screwed up and we lost all confidence in them pulling off our wedding day so made the drastic decision to move the wedding entirely. We were really lucky to find the venue next door had our date available and the place is amazing, there is no way we would have been able to afford it had we booked a year back without the discounts we have been given for a late booking. It's worked out pretty well.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I find the concept of bride brokers really distasteful I could never cash in on someone else's misery!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics