Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

Buying veil from eBay

Much_ado_about_weddings, 22 of June of 2016 at 16:01 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone

has anyone bought a veil from eBay? I'm after a cathedral veil and have found the most gorgeous one which seems to be sold from China by a number of different sellers. It's only going to cost me around a tenner so I may as well give it a try but was just wondering if anyone else has bought a veil (especially a fancy design cathedral type, eg with lace on it)? Which seller, and how was the quality?

The one I'm after is this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-White-Ivory-1T-Cathedral-Applique-Edge-Lace-Bridal-Wedding-Veil-With-Comb-3M-/201423271681?var=&hash=item2ee5c33701:m:mKtZp5Es3oi1XLsZ1RH2dSQ

Any advice gratefully received; although tbf I guess I'll only be out of pocket £10ish at the end of the day!

thanks!

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_Conduct, 27 of June of 2016 at 12:06
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I bought a veil from ebay, our of curiosity more than anythign to be honest. This one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111622009601?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=410631670037&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is okay, only thing is that the tulle isn't very soft it's a little rigid, I won't be using it for my wedding.

I would give it a go, nothing to loose really Smiley smile

• Jessyka1990
    Beginner June 2016
    Jessyka1990 ·
    • Hide content

I did, one similar to this but shorter, the lace bits didnt seem part of the veil and like a child had stuck them on, i decided to buy another.

For £10 i guess its worth a try x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

There is a woman n Facebook. Pink Margaret? Gets rave reviews, much cheaper than shops and will make whatever you want. Quite a few women on Hitched have used her if that helps.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I am still undecided about having a veil, especially given the prices of them at bridal boutiques!

As a direct result of this post I've just had a gander on E-Blag and found one that has lace on it that appears to pretty much match the lace on my dress.... for a fiver including postage!

At that price, I've ordered it- if it's rubbish when it arrives it can go in my cousin's kids dressing up box!

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

I bought a few different ones from eBay so I could see which style I liked, if I'm honest they were all awfully made! I would never have used one for my wedding, wrong colours, badly cut, tacky details, I listened to a few ladies on here and bought from pink Margaret and I'm so glad I did!! She is lovely and helpful, great prices and my veil was made especially how I wanted it, she even bought in shimmer material to use as that's what I wanted even though she had never had it before, she goes above and beyond, why waste £10 on a China knock off when it can go towards your perfect veil? IHonestly it's worth sending her a message for a quote at least x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I agree with others and also recommend Margaret. I havent been on hitched for sometime & no longer have her email, but am sure others will. She sent samples of tulle to match my dress colour before making the veil & even recommended a simpler, cheaper style to the one I had initial considered. It was perfect! She also offered a money back guarantee if I didn't like the veil- something no shop or Chinese supplier would do! Everyone I know who ordered from China (including myself initially!) was sadly very disappointed.

• O
    Beginner October 2016
    October2016wedding ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

lve got 2 veils from eBay. I've now decided that I'm no longer having a veil.

if it's the same as what you're looking for I'm happy to sell to you.

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    SunnyRedFlowers638 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if this is a possibility for you but I made my own veil and it was so much easier than I thought. If you have a sewing machine (or have a friend who does) then you just cut out the shape out of tulle and run a zig-zag stitch round the edge, sew it to a comb and you're done. Can obviously add decorations if wanted. I hand stitched daisies all around the edge of mine. It only cost me about £15 in total, so much cheaper than any in the shops.

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tips all! I went to a bridal clearance event at the weekend in a warehouse and walked away with a gorgeous embroidered cathedral Ivory veil for £19!!!! Win!! Was very very pleased Smiley smile

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Yey, that is a good deal!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics