Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2015

buying vintage croquery for 85 people

JSwin, 1 of February of 2015 at 11:17 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

I am getting married in August and having afternoon tea for my wedding breakfast. I need to get all of the croquery, serving plates and cake stands for 85 people. Im thinking someone must have already collected this for their wedding and may want to sell on? Seems such a waste to spend £450 on hiring it!

Thanks

Jen

1 replies

Latest activity by Scottish_Sarah, 1 of February of 2015 at 16:32
  • L
    Beginner September 2015
    lindabelle66 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jen

My fiance and i are doing something very similar to you but with fewer people. Ive been socuring Ebay for "job lots" and also Facebook. There is a Facebook group in my area where you can buy and sell wedding items, maybe worth a try in your area? Depends on whether you want it all to match or not.

Re cakestands, we are going down the DIY route, im buying plates as and when i see them that have designs on that are personal to us. H2B goes fishing/birdwatching etc, while im doggy and horsey, so im on the look out for plates with those themes. We are getting married later in the year and im already worried i wont find any!

Linda

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We have this for 120 people for our wedding in June - minus the cake stands, so side plates, dinner plates, cups and saucers and about 20 teapots.

The first thing is to set a limit per item - dinner plates are the hardest to come by! Charity shops will charge you a fortune therefore auctions and car boot sales are your friend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics