Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2021

Buying wedding dress 2 years before

SunnyGreenStationery81220, 23 of September of 2018 at 21:14 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi

I'm getting married 2021, a year later than first expected but there's other family weddings in 2020 and people won't be able to afford to go to all these weddings. Before i changed the date I booked a wedding dress appointment (it was a voucher including free afternoon tea, stylist and makeup etc) in 2019. I'm not feeling entirely pressured to buy a dress but I still want to go for the experience and also free food!!! But if I do find 'the dress' will it be too early?

1 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032, 27 of September of 2018 at 12:29
  • H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

Not necessarily as you can always take it to be altered before the wedding if you put on or lose a bit of weight in the meantime - but only if you haven't had a drastic weight change!! But I mean... unless you get pregnant or develop some sort of illness in that time then I doubt you'd change so much that the dress couldn't be altered. And if you do you'd just have to sell your old dress on eBay for about 50-60% of the original price. So I'd say it's a bit of a gamble but still doable. The other alternative is to note down the styles you really like so you can find something similar closer to the time.

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032 ·
    • Hide content

When I found my dress it was about a year before my wedding. I was losing weight so I was allowed to pay a deposit but went back for measuring around 6 months before the big day to get remeasured and they then ordered the dress (a size smaller than when I first went ?). It could be that if you are not buying an off the peg dress they might let you do something similar.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics