Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fcerrino
Beginner May 2011

Buying wedding fizz!

Fcerrino, 28 March, 2011 at 21:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello Hitchers...

Firstly big thankyou for all the fab comments last week for the piccy of me n my dress. Really made me feel fab and excited.

So only two months to go so thought i'd get a start on the catering. Got lots of jars of fancy jam for tea party style wedding breakfastand also had a look at alcohol while still in the supermarket. So spent over 20mins in the fizzy wine section pondering, quality vs quantity, checking out the deals. Meanwhile two tramps came and went with their bottles of lambrini! LOL

So seen a nice fizzy rose for 3 for £10, think i'll be buying 15 bottles of that or 9 bottles and 6 of a prosecco or something. What is everyone else doing for their toast wine?

BTW not using venues wine as they were gonna charge £12 a bottle for nasty asti, so still works out better even paying £80 corkage!

6 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 29 March, 2011 at 18:08
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I wanted pink fizz for the toasts but my dad and H2B both said no Smiley sad So I think you should have a prosecco as well so you can do prosecco for the men and pink fizz for the ladies maybe?

We waited for good deals on champagne and then bulk-bought it from Tesco/Sainsburys. IIRC we got bottles of Lanson for about £11 which is not bad really. I also bought a bottle of rose Lanson so my girlies and I can have it on the top table Smiley winking

• M
    Beginner
    MissZKG ·
    • Hide content

We bought all our fizz (pink) from tesco around valentines day as they had Hardy's reduced from £12 to less than half price... plus BIL2B got us a staff discount too so worked out about £5 a bottle - bargain! We bought 72 bottles - enough for reception drinks for 100 people and toast drinks for 100 people etc... our venue doesnt charge corkage either, woohoo!

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

For our toasts we got Sparkling Wine during the Tesco wine festival so it was half price (around £6 a bottle IIRC). Now I'm starting to wish we'd gone with Asti (obviously you dont like Asti though!) as a lot of the toast drinks get wasted as not many people like Champagne/Sparking Wine. I just think with Asti at least it would get drunk as its sweeter more people would finish it rather than leave it on the tables. But if you get Prosecco I guess you get the best of both worlds.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

We got a mixture of white and pink prosecco from majestics, was reasonable priced and they deliver to our venue (in Scotland) so that is handy!

If you dont mind getting it there yourself keep an eye out in co-op as they often have really good half price offers on prosecco

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Should have got my ass into gear over valentines day hey! thanks very much ladies, I think I will get half and half pink and white fizz and i'm sure the boys wont appreciate the rose quite so much. Although some people not big toast wine drinkers, i'm sure the reast of the alcoholics will polish off the rest (me included)

Thanks again girls, i'm now going wine shopping!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

If you know someone who owns their own business you could get it from a warehouse for so much cheaper if you use their pass. I don't know where abouts you are but if you go to a Macro or a Cash n Carry you can buy in bulk. Doesn't even have to be shop owners. My uncles an electrician and has a card so it might be worth asking around your friends and family!
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'd go with prosecco from your choices, Fcerrino. Like you, I can't stand Asti. Far too sweet for me!

We bought the bulk of our wine from Laithwaites with the rest sourced by a friend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics