Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2012

Buying your wedding dress in Swindon, BEWARE!!!!!

Mitty13, 24 June, 2012 at 21:18 Posted on Planning 0 7

I thought I would use this forum to share my experiences of Lesley Hatcher Bridal in Swindon. I have had terrible service and don't want another B2B to go through what I did.

I ordered my dress back in Aug2011 and the women who worked in the store were very lovely and helpful. I paid for my dress in full and was told it will be in the shop in March. March came and went and no address appeared so I rung the store to be told very gruffly on the phone by the manager that it will be in the store in May. Again May came and went and still no dress wedding is 18th Aug. So i called again to be told very rudely that he doesn't understand what the problem is and that I have plenty of time. I replied that I was only getting worried because I had been promised dates and the fact I live an hour away from the school and work as a teacher and cannot come down for fittings at the drop at a hat. Again the manager was extremely rude and said it would arrive next week. At no surprise it didn't arrive and again I called to be spoken to rudely again matched with lots of sighs that it will be in next week. That week went and my fiancee and I went into store to chase. We spoke to the manager again and was confronted with him shouting and ranting at us saying he was fed up of brides not understanding the buisness and panicking when they have no reason to. I explained by reasons again and was just met with sighs and tuts, I ended up leaving the store in tears.

To cut a long story short I have finally got my dress and have chosen not to put any more money their way for alterations and luckily have a neighbour who is willing to do this. I just wanted to warn anyone thinking of getting there dress from there to think again, after speaking to my neighbour who is a retired seamstress, I am informed that the manager/ owner is well known for his utter rudeness. I feel utterly disgusted with the way I have been treated and do not want anyone to go through what I have. For someone who claims to be in the buisness for 30 years clearly doesn't understand how important a wedding dress is.

7 replies

Latest activity by Mitty13, 25 June, 2012 at 20:58
  • Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

At least you have your dress now ?

Beginner September 2012
    2012wifetobe ·
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear this.. so many retailers seem to think that they have a right to be in business, and forget that you are probably buying the most expensive piece of clothing you will ever wear! I hope that now you have the dress, it makes you feel as special as you deserve and you never need to go near that shop again!

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

I just want to say sorry you've had this bad experience, I've been there in the past and found the women to be incredibly helpful. I went there on a recommendation of a friend who also got her dress from there.

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mitty13 ·
    • Hide content

I cant fault the ladies they were lovely, it was the owner who was the problem

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

I am really sorry that you had to go through that experience. The manager clearly isn't cut out for the bridal wear business!

Buying your wedding dress should be enjoyable experience, not one that reduces you to tears. I would have been absolutely fuming and demanded my money back!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

This is shocking! Where is this shop? Is it opposite the museum next to the hairdressers?

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mitty13 ·
    • Hide content

No its on Temple Street by the town hall, in town centre.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics