Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cache13
Beginner August 2015

Cache35 Wedding Report - it was the BEST DAY EVER

Cache13, 3 of September of 2015 at 16:56 Posted on Planning 0 31

PART 1:

Hi everyone,

We got married August 1st – I cannot believe that’s over a month ago now – so I thought it was about time I wrote you lovely brides a report.

My Husband (eek!) and I have been together for nearly 7 years, we met when I was 17 and he was 20 – in Sainsburys car park of all places through mutual friends! We went on a date almost immediately and have been inseparable ever since. We bought our first house just over two years ago, and he proposed in March 2014 on one knee in the rain on the bridge at Blenheim Palace.

Back when we first met:

I was the most super organized bride ever and everything was done well in advance. This worked out in my favour as it meant I could really enjoy and relax in the last few weeks and focus on handing over work projects, seeing friends and family, and spending some quality time with my soon to be husband.

The day of the wedding I was up at 6am, coffee in hand, calmly gazing out of the kitchen window wondering what the day would have in store. We had one of my husband’s employees arrive at 7am with a van to take over all the flowers (we did DIY from a flower farm for all our centre pieces and random floral venue décor). He went straight to the venue and we left home about half an hour later.

We arrived at the venue and started setting everything up – as all our décor was DIY I’d drawn up room plans for each area of the venue and outside so my bridesmaids, mum, and auntie, could help me set up without bombarding me with 100 questions.

I soon realised the driver had returned back home with our large blackboard signs still in the van and our venue was an hour from home. The signs came over with my husband’s parents an hour before the ceremony was to start – the first minor hiccup.

31 replies

Latest activity by I-go-by-many-names, 1 of November of 2015 at 11:05
  • Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

PART TWO:

The wedding cake only arrived 30 minutes before the ceremony was due to start despite have an ETA of a few hours before – nearly a second minor hiccup. Luckily the bouquets arrived on time - but the button holes were delivered to met, getting ready above the barn, not to the groom who'd arrived elsewhere in the venue. Last minute dash to get the button holes to the men - turns out only half of them had them on as we'd been told they were in one box, when actually they were in two and we hadn't noticed the extra box!

Our hair and make up all went smoothly and I was so calm. My H2B surprised me with a beautiful card which I couldn’t read as I quickly welled up with tears, and a beautiful necklace.

My 4 year old niece was absolutely amazing and decided she didn’t want to stay with her mum and nan (Groom’s side of the family) but she’d walk down the aisle holding hands with my sister who she’s only met once before that she can remember.

We lined up, ready to walk outside, and I was calm and excited. The music started and I burst into tears! So I cried my whole way down the aisle until I was holding my H2B’s hand. As soon as I stepped outside my veil caught in the wind and the end got caught on our seating blackboard sign – I could feel it tug against my head. Holding onto my blind dad’s right arm with my left arm, and my bouquet in my right hand, I had to quickly reach up unclip my veil and let it go in the wind. They say things come in threes – this was the fourth minor hiccup.

We had the most beautiful ceremony, but most people couldn’t hear it due to my tearful answers and the wind. Oh well – the important bit is we did.

My brother had to take a selfie with us during our signing the register photos –it’s what he is infamous for in our family! He’s such a poser!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

PART THREE:

Me and my sister, my maid of honour:

The rest of the day went perfectly. I surprised the Groom with a Land Rover themed wedding cake - an exact replica of his car- and the shock, surprise, and absolute amazement on his face was captured perfectly by our photographer.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

PART FOUR:

During the wedding breakfast I noticed guests sat at tables I hadn’t assigned them to – my first thought was panic, but then I realised there was nothing I could do about it now! Apparently the venue had realised one of the tables had too many people on (my uncle is a very large American man and needed space for two place settings plus room for comfort – and I’d sat him on a table with the maximum number of people it could have on). So my mum and bridesmaid had to do a quick shuffle to keep people with who they knew but spread the numbers better.

I have to say our first dance was not the romantic moment we thought it would be! It had been such a busy day, it was still daylight outside at 7.30pm, and we’d both been dragged out of conversations with guests to suddenly be romantic and dance. Everybody else apparently thought it was beautiful but we laughed and giggled the whole way through.

If I could give any tips to brides currently planning their wedding it would be enjoy it – don’t stress the small things. If your décor isn’t perfect, only you will know. If it’s windy/cold/rainy – who cares, you’re alive and you’re getting married.

Also, if you can, plan something for the next day. We had a garden party at my new in-laws and the weather was hot, sunny, and beautiful!! My mother in laws friends had set up a marquee, fridge outside for cold drinks, and catered with loads of food from Costco. We expected a lot of family to arrive as they were staying in the area from far away for the wedding – but almost the same number of people from the wedding turned up, plus neighbours and family friends so we had nearly 100 people arrive! Thank goodness they have a big garden and a paddock we had to use as a car park at the back of the house.

I would have been devastated if I woke up the day after the wedding and it was all over. I loved going down to breakfast with all my loved ones, and then heading back to my inlaws to continue the celebration. I wanted to make the most of being a bride so I bought a long white dress from Coast and I’m so glad I did – I felt so bridal again on day two. We left the garden party 6 hours later for the airport. The next morning we were flying to Bali and Lombok and we had a hotel booked opposite Heathrow airport.

What a wedding weekend we had – we’ll never forget the best weekend of our lives.

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

You've both got a lovely story! Congratulations and all the best for the future!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

We this all sounds and looks gorgeous! congratulations! wishing you every happiness! Smiley smile any garden party/coast dress flashes? sounds as much a part of the report as the rest to me and therefore totally worth a flash Smiley winking

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

It all sounds wonderful and your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous report Cache, you look stunning, I love the landy on the cake and your flowers are gorgeous, similar bouquet to what I had! We've just booked our main honeymoon to Bali, doing 3 nights in Ubud and 7 in Jimbaran (after a 4 night stop over in Dubai!)

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

All of this is so so pretty. Gorgeous photos!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

Love your pictures, seems like a beautiful day!!! X

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, beautiful, congratulations!! Your outdoor ceremony looked stunning, and all your beautiful flowers! Your and your new husband look and sound like you make a perfect pair Smiley smile

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report and your cake was amazing! Love that! haha

Congratulations! :-)

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

What a lush report! Stunning - that cake is brilliant!!!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh okay then if you insist Smiley smile

OMG my dress is now reduced to £49 - it was £180!!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh gorgeous! it looks perfect- what a wonderful way to wind things down ^_^

congratulations again! x

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

I'm on a bit of a flash-roll so thought I'd share a few more- thanks for all your kind comments! We're so happy Smiley smile

• jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Such a lovely report, looks like you had a great day, I love the cake such a brilliant idea! ?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

What a fantastic report. Your wedding was thoroughly beautiful!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful report, loved reading it! Looks like a stunning weekend, congratulations Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report. So glad the day went well for you. I love the colour of your bridesmaids dresses and your flowers were gorgeous!

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! xxx

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - you've all been so lovely, and this forum was so helpful when planning my wedding Smiley smile

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Great report and gorgeous flashes.

What a good looking wedding party! Your dress was beautiful & my jaw dropped when I read you DIYed a lot of the flowers!! You must be obviously very creative!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Oh thank you Smiley smile The credit for my flowers goes to one of my bridesmaids who really helped out 110% the day before the wedding Smiley smile

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful wedding, congratulations, it all looks stunning and you look so happy!! I love love love your bridesmaid dresses, are they the multiway dresses? Where did you get them? I'm looking at Dresslongbridal on Etsy!

Hope you enjoyed your honeymoon? Ours is booked to Bali as well!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So sorry I'm only just replying. Did you buy from Dresslongbridal? That's where my dresses came from and they were great! My girls were 5'6 to 5'7 and they were perfect length, they may be a little short if your girls are a little taller Smiley smile

Have an amazing time in Bali! I'd really recommend it!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh wow your bridesmaid dresses look fab, great to hear they are from Dresslongbridal! I've not ordered yet but had a sample sent and it's a perfect shade of grey so def going to order from there! I think my bridesmaids are a little bit taller but the seller said he'll add a couple of inches to the length for free! ??

Hope you are enjoying life as a married lady xx

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Ahh, It all looks beautiful. You look lovely, Your dress is stunning! And your bridesmaid dresses are exactly what I want, in that exact colour! Where are they from and how much did they cost (if you don't mind me asking) I've been looking everywhere for some like that!

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Oops just seen the above post, sorry! *rushes off to look at DressLongBridal*

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Good luck! They're gorgeous dresses. I even bought one to wear on my honeymoon Smiley smile

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I was considering buying one for my honeymoon Cache ?

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Let me know if you order them JustKeepSwimming - I can't wait to order mine now, need my bridesmaids baby to hurry up!! She's due in a week or so, I'm waiting until she's had it before I bother her too much with bridesmaid jobs! Xxx

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Great report and amazing photos , congratulations x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics