Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner December 2010

Cadbury Purple Fabric

Wildman to be, 25 May, 2010 at 13:00 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi All

I am new to hitched.co.uk as from today. I am getting married on 18th December and my theme for the day is cadbury purple and snowflakes as my fiance proposed to me in the snow! So my main colour scheme for the day is cadbury purple, brushed silver and ivory.

I am having my bridesmaid dresses made as I am struggling to find the right colour dresses for my BM's. Can anyone recommend where I can buy the fabric from? i also looking for a brushed silver BM shoe rather than a bright silver if that makes sense some might say a platinum colour does anyone have any recommendations?? I am going to go for a purple shoe as I saw this idea in Wedding Ideas magazine and it looked great!!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks ;-)

18 replies

Latest activity by Wildman to be, 17 September, 2010 at 09:12
  • bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I got my fabric from Tessa Maynard near Basingstoke. If you give her a call on **** and tell her what you want, she'll post some samples to you to chose from. I used her for my bridesmaids dress fabric, and more recently for my daughter's christening dress silk...can't recommend her highly enough!

• W
    Beginner December 2010
    Wildman to be ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant thank you I will do, I work in Andover too so not too far away..

Thanks ?

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

apologies for hijacking.. but I'm having the theme but in reverse.. !! I'm getting married in Cadbury purple and bridesmaids - lilac

plus white and silver.

my dress is being made and its in a true cadbury purple.

Strangely... I live in Andover and work in Basingstoke and the lady who's making my dress and bridesmaids is in Whitchurch..

let me know if you need anything xx

• W
    Beginner December 2010
    Wildman to be ·
    • Hide content

Small world! If you could let me know where you got your fabric from so I can get colour swatches that would be fab! Thank you so much. Cadburys purple is such a lovely colour it will look great for a wedding dress!x

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

lady's shop is www.paulineforster.com

but dont know where she gets her material from, but maybe worth popping in.. ? she doesn't charge the earth in making things either.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Aww cool you have the same theme as me Smiley smile

x

• W
    Beginner December 2010
    Wildman to be ·
    • Hide content

It seems to be a popular colour but the colours range so differently across the different BM dress makers, I have an evening dress in the colour I really want which is why I have opted to have them made, just got to match the fabric or as near as now!XX

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I have the swatch with me but can't get a pic over to you but its definately Cadbury wrapper purple

• W
    Beginner December 2010
    Wildman to be ·
    • Hide content

No worries, I have called Tessa as BY George had recommended before and she is sending me a swatch of fabric so hopefully that will match, thank you everyone for your info has been really helpful let me know if I can help you in anyway!x

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Good luck xx

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

O congrats and welcome to hitched! My friend had cadbury purple dresses last year! They were by alice james. I got my dresses from dessy and they have loads of purple shades! Silver with the purple is lovely!! Smiley smile

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope you like it - was yonks ago now but the stuff I got from Tessa was absolutely perfect! Still got a bit left, and keep meaning to do something with it but never quite get around to it!!

• GemGemPanic
    Beginner September 2011
    GemGemPanic ·
    • Hide content

Hi

My colour wedding theme is always cadbury purple and black (I am a chocoholic and the husband to be is a metaller, so it seems fitting really) I live in Bordon, so not far from Basingstoke either. Is the fabric expensive to buy?

When are you getting married?

Gem Smiley smile

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Yay! It seems ages since we've had many Hampshire bods!! Welcome to Hitched ?

• W
    Beginner December 2010
    Wildman to be ·
    • Hide content

I am looking for snowflake accessories the ones above are really pretty I would be interested in seeing more of them when you have them ready.

I have found some fabric but it is more aubergine than cadbury purple I found that all the samples I was asking for kept coming back a real bluey purple and it didn't quite look right so I have gone for a duchess satin aubergine colour. I am getting my briedesmaid dresses made so am happy that I have finally found the right fabric!!

I am getting married in December so only 5 months to go seems a long time but if it flys by like the past 6 months then I have so much to do!!

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

I was going to have cadburys purple but decided against it in the end as was finding that it photographed blue. So we have gone for a more grape type purple.

There are soooo many beautiful shades of purple around at the moment!!

• GemGemPanic
    Beginner September 2011
    GemGemPanic ·
    • Hide content

Hi, just wondered what the lady in Basingstoke charged (on average) for B maid dress. I too am having a cadbury purple theme and struggling to find a dress for my bmaid.

thanks

Gemma

• W
    Beginner December 2010
    Wildman to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gemma

I ended up getting my fabric from Calico Laine

https://www.calicolaine.co.uk/

It is a real lovely shade of purple and not too pricey. I didn't contact the lady in Basingstoke in the end I am having them made by a lady in Salisbury who is very reasonable. She is charging me around £80 a dress all inclusive. I showed her a dress by Mark Lesley that I loved but their colour purple wasn't what I wanted and she is making a replica of that dress. She is also making the cravattes for the boys too so that we don't end up having so many different shades of purple! Calico Laine also have the same shade of purple in a ribbon which I bought to put on my invites to keep the same colour theme running.

I hope that helps if you need any further info then please just ask...

Gemma.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics