Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Cadbury purple theme

4 November, 2010 at 15:42 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hi ladies, ?

Im getting married April 2nd next year at Hawkstone Park,Shropshire and having a cadbury purple theme...I am havin 10 bridesmaids (big family),i have 3 older (20-23year olds), 3 younger (11-15year olds) and 4 flower girls (2 an a hlf-5 year olds) I want the 6 bridesmaids to have the same colour,but not sure if it will be too much purple with it being such a strong colour..any1 have any thoughts on this please?? ?

Also I was thinking of having an Ivory dress but don't know if it will look right against the purple,any1 been to a wedding with this theme? would white look better?

Im not sure weather to have real or silk flowers either? Any1 have any suggestions? ?

Any help much appreciated...

?

23 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 9 November, 2010 at 13:13
  • tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

I think it'll look lovely and really impactful with your 6 bm's in purple you could always choose a dress with an ivory sash, then for the younger ones give them ivory dresses with a purple sash.

Ivory & purple go together perfectly.

BTW: (by the way) ? Welcome to hitched...once arrived, you'll never leave!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chrissy,

my bridesmaids are going to be in CAdbury purple but im only having 3! i dont think it will be too much of a stong colour. It didnt even cross my mind about my dress 'not going' with the bridesmaids so i wouldnt be too concerned, go with what you really want!

i am having artificial flowers from Rainbow Florist who is a HIB. my reasons for choosing artificial are because i personally cant justify spending the money some florists are asking for floweers that are going to die in a day or two! i had to do a lot of shopping around to find the right quality of flowers too! also artificial work out a lot cheaper in most cases and a personal reason, i wanted peonies which aren't in season when we are getting married!

hope this is of some help!! ?

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chrissy,

I'm having a similar Cadbury purple theme with silver, I have 3 big bridesmaids and 3 little, I am hoping to find silver dresses for the little ones. My dress is a champagne colour, but I think ivory will look lovely. Here's my mood board.

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

Chrissy - you're my date twin, I'm 2nd April too. I think the purple will look stunning but you could always break it up with sashes to match the colour of your dress. And for your dress, you should go with whatever suits you best - whether that's ivory or white - they would both look great. You could also have the little ones in dresses the same colour as yours and give them purple sashes.

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

This is definitely one of our most popular colour requests 🙂

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Cadbury Purple as well (always knew i would since I was little lol).

My dress is Ivory and H2Bs waistcoat is ivory. BMs are in purple with silver accessories and H2B and groomsmen are in silver suits. Personally I think it will be a great colour scheme!!

We're having real flowers, lizianthus and light yellow roses but flower preference is up to you!

x

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are wearing dark blue and the groom and best man are wearing grey kilts with a thin stripe of blue and burgundy running through it. The best man will wear a navy tie but my OH is wearing a burgundy one (as he is a Hearts fan and that is their colour!). The bridesmaids are also having fluffy silver shrugs and silver accessories.

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My bridesmaids are wearing dark blue and the groom and best man are wearing grey kilts with a thin stripe of blue and burgundy running through it. The best man will wear a navy tie but my OH is wearing a burgundy one (as he is a Hearts fan and that is their colour!). The bridesmaids are also having fluffy silver shrugs and silver accessories.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi & Welcome

A few ideas for you:

• K
    Beginner April 2011
    kparka ·
    • Hide content

Clairefairy2... I AM IN LOVE with that bouquet in the middle on the right of these pictures! Have you got a pic of it any bigger you could sent to me? Im also having a cadbury purple/aubergine (well true bride says it aubergine for the dresses) colour :o) Oh & my dress is ivory ;o)

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Cadbury's purple is a fab idea for a colour scheme! I was thinking pink but am scared of it looking Katie Price :s I'm probably the biggest Dairy Milk fan in the country so Cadbury's purple would be very appropriate lol :p

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

In regard to the flowers, I was unsure when I was deciding but in the end I went with Rainbow Florist on here. I picked them up the other day and I am still in shock at how real they look!!!! I don't regret my decision at all, I can keep them forever, they look perfect, I got to have them weeks before the wedding, there are no downsides at all!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Mine is cadbury purple but my bridal dress is going to be made in the purple.. !!

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't sure which one you mean, was it this one? I can email the pic to you to make it bigger if that helps?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - here are a few purple colour combinations I've done - purple goes brill with pink, bright blue, and lilac. These are all artificial flowers:-

• K
    Beginner April 2011
    kparka ·
    • Hide content

Clairefairy2 - no the other bouquet where the bride is holding it. Smiley smile sorry for gatecrashing the thread!

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hughef36 ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmade dress? !

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

I have a cadbury purple colour scheme and my dress is ivory xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - They are artificial flowers and although I offer a nationwide delivery service, unfortunately because the glass is heavy and vulnerable to damage, they can't be posted so are limited to local delivery which is West Yorkshire - is that anywhere near you?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

It's a fairly popular design with most florists so your local shop should be able to help you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics