Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsW-tobe
Beginner May 2011

Cadbury Purple Wedding Theme

MrsW-tobe, 12 April, 2010 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 36

Hey Ladies,

Im completely new here, I normally read posts from me googling "wedding ideas" but have never actually posted. So here goes, let me introduce myself and my reason in posting ;-)

Hi *waves* I'm Hayley, 25 and i'm getting married in May next year in Hylands House in Chelmsford, Essex. I am having a cadbury purple colour theme and really would like some ideas if people have had this before, or are planning their wedding with this colour scheme now or just simply know somebody or have been to a wedding that has had this theme. Has anybody seen or had anything that was amazing?

I am having 2 older bridesmaid, 1 teen and 3 Flower girls. Any suggestions for how you would do this? Would you put the 2 older bridesmaid and the teen in the same dress, I was thinking of them having the cadburys purple and then the flower girls having the white dress with the cadbury purple sashes? Has anyone got any tips on where I can get these from that were quite reasonable, where to look? Ebay i'm not liking the ones on there. My dress is "Diamond White" which isn't white but its not ivory, would you have Ivory or White themed for the rest of the wedding? I'm not sure on that one.

I want cadbury purple butterflys for the bridesmaid hair that I haven't found any of Smiley sad

Also would like to ask you ladies whether you think silk flowers or real flowers are better?

Thank you for reading it, if you have got this far - well done ?

36 replies

Latest activity by budgetbabe, 17 April, 2010 at 15:06
  • GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and welcome to Hitched!! No help Im afraid, but lots of girls have had or having the cadbury purple on here so you shouldnt have to wait long!! ?

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Hi *waves* (haha that made me laugh)

cant help as we're having a different theme so havent got any ideas, just wanted to say hi

xxx

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

?

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Ooh hi girls!!!

Thanks for making me welcome ?

I'll look out for ladies having or had the same theme i'm sure there are some i've been told its uberly popular atm. What du reckon though to the "Diamond White" question if its not quite white and not quite ivory would you go with ivory or white? haha!

Also flowers - silk or real?

Sorry, what a bug I am already ?

xx

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to hitched!

You'll get all the answers you need on here. If u haven't asked it somebody else is bound to have or will ask it.

The flower thing is, I think, a personal preferance but there are a few HIB's on here who could help with either. x

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow thanks Jane! The dressmakers idea is fab, I did think I would like to get the flowergirls dresses from somewhere like BHS as they do lovely flower girl dresses and then just get someone to put the purple sashes on if I find the fabric?!

I'm not having a sit down meal we're having an informal BBQ so do not need favours thank you though! And will look out for any replies from suppliers regarding the butterflies in the hair.

I think I am going to get a few quotes on flowers see what ends up more reasonable and closest match to what I want.

Everyone seems so helpful and friendly on here its lovely. I hope to get lots of inspiration. I'm off to bed now (bad night last night with my little girl) but will log back on tomorrow to see if anyone else has had any tips for me.

Night ladies ? thank you!!!!

xx

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

Hi & welcome to Hitched. I'm having a lilac coloured wedding & have ordered lilac for the adults and white with a lilac sash for flower girls. I'm also having a diamond white wedding dress & when I tried it on orginally I thought it looked white (never was good at understanding the difference between all the different white looking shades) so I'm going with white for other things rather than ivory. I'm picking up my dress this week so I'll hopefully be able to reasurre myself (with my white shoes) that it looks white!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hayley I'm not sure if you are the Hayley that has mailed me but I have replied!

If not I have some ideas in Purple that might help:

There is a whole set of Purple here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aislebeyourscom/sets/72157616091398142/

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hayley and welcome to Hitched. Cadbury (Kraft?) purple has been very popular over the last two/three years. Personally, I think it looks better with white than ivory although pale ivory (without cream undertones) would work well too. Silver is also a good accent colour to use as all these three colours compliment each other being from the "cool" colour palette. If the teen maid is the same height as the adults, then I would put them in the same dress with the flowergirl in white. Regarding silk or fresh flowers, depends really whether you would like to keep them or not? Although there are fresh flowers in purple, the "focal" flowers used for bouquets such as callas, roses, etc don't grow naturally in purple. I'm pretty sure you can get purple butterflies so I will have a look next time I go to the wholesalers and let you know. Here's a few purple weddings I've done which are all artificial. hope that helps.

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

It seems you have had lots of help already but thought i would jut add my opinion -

Diamond white is more 'white' than 'ivory' so i would opt for white in the colour scheme.

I make a lot of cakes and i see lots of butterflies usually on a wire for decorationg cakes with they are very cheap - so you could buy some of these and attach them to hair slies or bands?? Just a budget friendly idea for you to look into - google cake decorating suppliers/ or craft suppliers.

I love the flower girl dress ideas too and i would buy them from BHS and use an organza sash - on ebay there is a supplier called sara richards who sells lengths of material very cheap in loads of colours. she has a main website too but her ebay shop is a little cheaper www.sararichards.co.uk

Hope this helps xx

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Hi ?, welcome to hitched, gorgeous colour scheme..................

some cadbury purple stationery ideas

There are some great jewellery people on here who can prob help with the butterfly hair clip. Teehee had some gorgeous brooches made into hairclips, so might be worth looking at brooches too.

Em xx

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh wow so much help, thanks girls I'm going to read properly through all your posts and look into each thing you have each suggested, thanks allot!

Sherrie, it was me that emailed you about the artificial flowers, I have just logged onto my yahoo emails that I first emailed you from and I do not have a reply? Strange as you said you have replied, could you perhaps forward it again please? I love these flowers they're gorgeous!

Thanks again girls !! xx

• HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

Hiya
    I'm having a cadbury purple colour scheme

I made our invites at the weekend ....

We are having a cupcake cake like this

but in this colour

Am still umming & arrrhing about chair covers ....

Men's cravats are cadbury purple, as are napkins (that caterer is providing), long thin dinner candles are purple - in silver candlearbas and the flowers are going to be lots of different purples and i'm planning to have some in my hair like this ......

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

Those dresses are gorgeous I might even steal your idea... ? I had already chosen 2 Dessy dresses because I love the African Violet colour and have found a retailer but I think I prefer those dresses better, they look nicer!!

Would you say the Concord or African Violet was nearer to the Cadburys theme? Have you seen the African Violet?

I am going to have my bridesmaids holding white flowers and then a wand for my flower girls also be nice definately for them to have the purple flower so they are opposite. I'm quite liking the idea of the bridesmaids in the purple with white sash and then the FGs the other way around white with purple sash and a purple flowered wand. Well see though it's all so hard imagining it all.

Du think then silver shoes for the bridesmaids would be OK I'll put the FGs in white ballet pumps with a purple flower on BHS have them and they're gorgeous. Only £11 each. I just hope its all there next year. I really dont think I can chance getting FG bits yet as I dont know what size they'll be in a year. Kids grow so fast!

Your wedding sounds gorgeous.. when is your day?

xx

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Hi ?

Im having purple too! I don't have pictures of much, but you'll see everything in a few weeks. I have two adult bridesmaids, no flowergirls. My bridesmaids are in dresses from debenhams -

We have white table and chair covers with purple bows, I got purple ribbon printed with our names and wedding date and have used them on our favours to add a bit more colour on the table and our centrepieces are low glass bowls with little beads in the bottom and purple candles. Im having ivory and purple tulips for our flowers, pretty much half and half for the bridesmaids and Im having more ivory than purple for mine.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to mention earlier MrsW-tobe - you can win lots of wedding prizes in the Hitched Raffle which is drawn soon..!!! Tickets £1 each to go to charity. You can see all the prizes on offer and how to donate on Page 1 ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just resent it, sorry I am on my laptop in bed with a nasty bug so my brain is not functioning today!

Here is a pic of the Bride with those flowers:

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

THanks hun! I have replied to your email. Is it possible though to have samples sent through (obviously i'd pay) of the rose flower and the purple colour of the ribbon? Just so I can see what they look like in real life before committing to anything? If I decided to go ahead with you would you have payment up front or a deposit?

They're gorgeous, I didn't realise I could get so excited over artificial flowers ? they're just lovely!!

x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I'll email you now. ?

I don't think people realise how much artificial flowers have progressed over the years, the amount of times I have had people in here trying to smell them!

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Love the cakes hun they're gorgeous the little cup cake idea with the cake on top is gorgeous, presume that is so you can still "cut the cake" aswell.

Sashes are lovely aswell, I have found somewhere that can do all that for me that wasn't a problem and I have found my invitations already.

I haven't found a cake that I like yet though I think i'm just gonna have a pretty plain ish white one with silver and purple sparkles on it. The cakes are just all so expensive. Does anyone on here do cakes and offer cheaper prices?

xx

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh so i'll look forward to seeing everything in a few weeks in then! Good luck for your day!

xx

• HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

We are having a personalised bridge&groom cake topper on the 'top' cake. We haven't decided whether to cut this top cake or cut a cupcake yet .....

The cupcakes will be sponge and the top cake will be fruit, so might as well cut top cake and serve both.........

My chef friend is making our cake/cupcakes as wedding pressie. But if she hadn't of offered we would have ordered a bunch of cupcakes from a local baker or something to keep costs down?

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thats lovely of your friend, I wish I had a friend who made cakes! I love the cakes on this site http://www.juliescakes.co.uk/ the one on the main page is lovely. These cost like near enough £400 though I don't think I can justify that much on a cake or 4 cakes ? is that extremely tight of me?? ?

xx

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

MrsW

I'm a 25 year old Southend lady too. Spooky!

Same as you we decided to run off to Chelmsford for our wedding ? but ours is in December.

I'm not doing the Cadbury theme (but I definately love the chocolate), so all I can tell you is my opinion on flowers. Since Rainbow Florist showed me her website I have been in 2 minds, I loved her silk ones!! But my other half reckons we should have real ones... I'm sure I can win him over!

Happy hunting!

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Hello ? ooh another Southend bride-to-be although i'm sure theyre are many ? where abouts in Southend are you? I'm in Westcliff.

Where abouts are you getting married in Chelmsford?

Silk flowers are working out to be allot cheaper, i'm going to get a sample and see what I think, why don't you do that, your OH might change his mind then ?

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

I live in Southchurch these days, but only moved here from Westcliff last year.

We're getting married at Newland Hall, the northern side of Chelms. We looked at Hyland Hall and loved it - it's so beautifully grand!! But as the amount of people we were inviting didn't look like they would fit in the dining hall. I have far too many aunties!

Samples? For some reason that never even passed my mind. I don't even know if the fella is meant to see the kind of flowers I want? But then he has to have a pinhole... I'll go look for samples now ? thanks

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Just contact the supplier of the flowers you like and ask them if they would mind you sending you a sample? I expect to have to pay for it and the P&P but its worth it so you are completely happy before you buy.

I dont think it matters if OH sees the flowers aswell? I thought things like that you decided together because exactly they have to have buttonholes??

xx

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

• Made by Lawrie
    Made by Lawrie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello, I came across these when looking for something else:

purple butterfly hair clip

• MrsW-tobe
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsW-tobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww thank you thats lovely. I was also looking at the ones that I think are used for cake decorations they're mesh butterflies on a wire and thought that can just be wired into the hair then? I'm gonna definately look around though and have saved that to my favourites. Thank you for thinking of me hun xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - just got back from the wholesalers and they do have purple butterflies but they are in assorted boxes with other colours and you only get two purple in them so would work out a bit expensive that way Smiley sad They did have some boxes of larger purple ones with glitter on but they didn't look suitable for hair to be honest.

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i remembered this thread from the other day and thought i would show you the dress my sister is currently bidding on ebay for to wear to my wedding.....

shop price £140 (karen millen) ebay price £1.04 - still 3 or 4 days to go though!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics