Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner March 2014

Cain Manor - Band or DJ - Noise Limiter

JackieBrown, 29 of January of 2013 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

We are booked to get married at Cain Manor in March 2014, we undertsand they have a noise limiter and recommend bands to use electric drums. Just wondered if anyone else is due to get married at this venue or has done over the last year or so.

Or if you have a strong opinion on what works best Band VS DJ

Thanks

J x

4 replies

Latest activity by CinematicWedding, 30 of January of 2013 at 10:12
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Our friends were due to marry here in March this year.

I know they were planning on having a DJ as they didn't think a band would work well there.

However, our venue also has a noise limiter and I made sure we booked a band that had played there before, to lessen the chances of any issues.

• J
    Beginner March 2014
    JackieBrown ·
    • Hide content

Lucikly i have found an agent that had placed several bands there over time, he is also calling the tech at the venue. Its a tricky one as we really want a band but want the sound to be right! Most venues we looked at seem to have sound limiters so i guess its baout finding teh right band. Who did you go for?

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Hello just to add my two pence ?

We have played a no. of venues with limiters and they've never posed us a problem, any drummer worth his salt will be able to play acoustic drums to the room presented before him no problem!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Honest opinion, phone around and find a DJ and band who have played Cain Manor. I've been there when the limiter kicks in.

I've seen limiters in various places set off not by the band or DJ but everyone screaming 'Come on Eileen' or stamping their feet.

I really do recommend asking around, please ensure whoever you speak to is specific about covering Cain Manor. Not just some generic response as noise limiters are individual to each venue and their acoustics.

Try Ian at Disco Fever, he knows a lot of venues this way and will give you an true opinion and I know the band 'The Daggers' have covered Cain Manor too.

• CinematicWedding
    CinematicWedding ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I can't say anything about Cain Manor I'm afraid, I've never been Smiley sad

Whether it should be Band or DJ... Well, I've seen good and bad of both!

What I'd say is, if you have a wide and varied age range, a really good DJ is probably the way to go. They can carry a huge range of songs, that a band could never hope to achieve ...

However...

There's nothing like a really good band to get the party rocking! But then only if their repertoire is the majority of your guests tastes. If you're inviting mostly friends, and they all have a similar music taste to you, band is the way to go!

Pete x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics