Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Cake bag, box, napkin or other?

Teal, 3 March, 2011 at 07:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

Mum thinks a paper napkin in adequate to wrap cake in for people to take with them, but can see it getting mushy, & a real mess. I like the idea of little boxes, but they all seem fiddly & small, so will prob just use cake bags What is everyone having for people to take cake home with them? Any flashes would be great too! (we are having cake, not cupcakes)

5 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 3 March, 2011 at 12:31
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping there won't be any cake to take home as we are serving it as desert.

I would agree with you on the cake boxes though - I don't like the idea of napkins.

• rachieb13782
    Beginner August 2011
    rachieb13782 ·
    • Hide content

Im just putting the cake out with the buffet, they can eat it then or take a bit home with a napkin at the end of the night (if there's any left) most weddings ive been to people have eaten the cake there instead of taking it home.

• C
    Beginner January 2010
    CH0C0H0LIC ·
    • Hide content

I went and ordered cake boxes and then changed my mind and am now gonna make my own cupcakes so will be having personalised paper bags for them now and will be doing pick n mix in the cake boxes instead (for my children to hand out to the guests at the reception). I agree the cake boxes seem a bit small and fiddly and i understand what you mean about the paper napkins, how many women are gonna shove their families worth of cake in their handbags and then spend the next three days shaking the crumbs out lol x

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

I got a load of cake boxes off ebay - they were so cheap - and if i don't use them i'll just put them back on there!!

i am making my own cake and am making some extra cutting cakes to bring out so knowing how much i normally over do things, there will probably be plenty for everyone to take home!!!! I just need to decide what sort of cakes to make now....!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to use cake boxes but they were so small I am now going to put cake out for the guests to eat at the wedding, I presume they will get proper plates, and will reuse the boxes for additional favours. If anyone requests cake to take home it will be good quality napkins so no leakage.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics