Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Broody_wife
Beginner

Cake Help!!! (with Pics)

Broody_wife, 13 March, 2010 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 0 17

I really had my heart set on a really basic wedding cake, I wanted 4 tiers, square, stacked, with Ribbon and cascading butterflies in gold and Mocha... Something like this but as I have described instead of how it's pictured...I'm finding it impossible to find a cake pic the same as the pic i have in my head.

Now I think it's very very basic and needs "dressing up" a little, so was thinking of a "wonky" 4 tier wedding cake with cascading butterflies and ribbon in gold and mocha and a few wee Ivory or Slightly coloured flowers either calla lillies or roses. Something like this & the above pic mixed togerther as I described... lol

What do you think??? OH has said I can have whatever I want but I'm so indecisive!!

Lxx

17 replies

Latest activity by Broody_wife, 16 March, 2010 at 07:14
  • Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I like the wonky one cos its different although I don't think your first choice would be too plain.

The wonky one is certainly a talking point - if it were me I would go with that.

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

I like the wonky/offset one too, but without all the flowers maybe one or 2 flowers on it max, although have just found this which is kinda similar to what I wanted to begin with only mine would be square!!!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that one. I love separators used in cakes for some reason hence the reason I had a vase to hold my second tier. I like simplicity in cakes so I say a plainer cake and then let the butterflies do the talking.

xx

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

If you can;t find what you want then theres no harm in gathering ideas from different cakes and also drawing out how you will like it to be (you don;t have to be an artist!).

Whoever is making your cake should understand your vision, and better yet add ideas to create a cake for YOU to create something unique.

As you would with a florist go along and have a chat with your cake maker... You'll come away with a clearer idea of what you want.

Im lucky in this department, as like you im so indecisive to the point I get upset and stressed about it (not you me) so where the cake is concerned I showed my Mum a few ideas and have left it as a surprise for our wedding day and for once I actually feel excited and comfortable with not having to stress about it, im not saying have it as a surprise just saying there are ways to remove the stress of indecisivness

xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

My daughter's having a wonky cake for her wedding - she wants this one but in black, white and red.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about these:

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Wow, a frenzy of flutterbies.....

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

I have no Idea how you all got loads of Buterfly cake pics I struggled to find any!! I love loads of the ones you girlies have posted but decided to go with this one

I will have it squared, the Silver bit Gold and the Butterflies gold and Mocha (alternating) and depending on which Cake maker we go with it'll be 4 or 5 tiers.

Lxx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Wooo hooo, that is my favourite.

Within the clear separator you could put butterflies in their as well! Although that would make it took like you have caged some so maybe scrap that idea. x

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lol Lyns my mum suggested the same thing, although the design has Butterflies running over the jar anyway. lol Took a print out of the cake to MIL's and she likes it too!!!! Just need to ring the cake lady to make an appointment now!!

Woooohooo I've reached my 1000th post!! lol

Lxx

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Sherrie you always flash such lush stuff! i want your job!!!

x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I love the wonky ones! but i think that they will be very much an in thing for a few years and then in 10 years we'll all be looking back saying...o my word remember those cakes...they wer awful! I think the'll be like the shoulder pads of the 80's. Im going quite plain with my cake, and im using the "swan" stand.

I am going to use tartan ribbon also and have the flowers in the colour of the tartan!

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

I love butterflies on cakes! you've chosen a pretty one BW. here's mine for some inspiration - more of the 'cascading' effect maybe? can me made square/wonky/with ribbons etc i am sure!

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Ooops sorry forgot to downsize it lol xx

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lol

Aliaisp, I think I looked at that cake and wanted something similar, then I completely changed my mind. lol who's making your cake?? i haven't picked anyone yet have arranged to go see someone about the design I want on the 29th, but want to keep my options open. x

• Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey
    Beginner December 2008
    Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey ·
    • Hide content

Feel free to browse our cakes and copy any that interest you. We do quite a few with butterflies....

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

a lady in london, 'Cakes by Robin'. the MOST delicious cakes ever! cake tasting is the fun bit so look around and find someone you love, i can't wait for my guests to taste my cake! xx

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

I've tried loads but not a big cake fan. lol It all just tastes the same to me. lol xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics