Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner May 2024 Lancashire

Cake maker not responding

Future Mrs J, 21 of April of 2024 at 21:08 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2

Hi, we’re getting married in less than 3 weeks and we’re getting a little worried about our cake. We booked with our cake maker in summer last year. At the time of booking they were a little slow to respond but they delivered the cake tasters as promised and confirmed we were all booked in. We also checked their reviews before booking and all were positive.

Since then we’ve not heard anything from them but we’ve heard from all of our other suppliers in the run up to the wedding. We don’t live local to our venue so can’t just pop into their shop. When we went for our last wedding appointment 8 weeks before our wedding, we popped into their shop to confirm details but the lady making our cake wasn’t working that day but they promised a call back. We didn’t receive a call back so I followed up on the back of our booking via email. It’s been over a week and I still hadn’t heard anything so I messaged on both their Instagram and Facebook page. I received an automatic response from their Facebook page to say they don’t monitor Facebook messages and to email them on the email address that I have already been contacting them on. I can’t find a number to call them on and the lack of communication is really worrying us. On their instagram they had a post saying they are no longer taking any bespoke cake orders but this does not affect any bookings that have paid deposits and they are really behind on admin. So should I take this as my booking is still secure or should we make a plan B like taking a 2 hours round trip to visit their shop or look at booking with someone else. Or is this normal for wedding suppliers and are we just worrying about nothing? Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by FrankGarrett, 27 of April of 2024 at 13:55
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That is a little worrying. Do you know anyone local to the shop who could pop in on your behalf?

• F
    Bangladesh
    FrankGarrett ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, this matter is worrying. You should find someone else if he doesn't pick up your call.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics