Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mispinkprincess
Beginner September 2014

Cake stands

Mispinkprincess, 21 of November of 2013 at 07:00 Posted on Planning 0 12

I'm not having a conventional cake, im

planning on getting a circular white (chocolate cake with a bride and groom topper) and 24-36 (white) cupcakes which I was going to add toppers too.

I thought I'd put the circular cake on a 1 tier stand in between 2, 2-3 level stands with the cupcakes on (if this makes sense?)

has as anyone else done this? Did it go down well?

Any reccommended places to buy cake stands?

12 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 23 of November of 2013 at 08:05
  • Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Also, does anyone know his many cupcakes fit on a 2 or 3 layered cake stand?

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

The height of cupcake including the topper determins if they will fit on regualr tiered cake stands, i you are getting a company to make them for you they should be able to hire you a sutiable stand for the day.

I managed to get a nice plain white porcelain cake stand from wilkinsons /en-uk/home/kitchen-dining/tableware/plates/white-plates/c/white-plates I managed to get it during a sale period for £5, it is very sturdy and they have some other types too. You can pay a lot more for them but I got this as it's simple and doesn't distract from the main focus of the cake.

Not sure on wheres best for cupcake stands i'm afraid, some of them can be a bit on the pricy side.

Hope this helps

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I think that would like nice ;-)

Here are a few cupcake stands...

Lakeland - £9.99

Craft Company - £4.99 [just made out of card]

Acrylic - 312.15

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Wherever you order your cake from it's probably likely they'll have cake stands you could hire. Cheaper than buying!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We didn't go the traditional route, either, though we didn't do what you're doing. We had loads of different cakes and treats on various stands, though we did have 2 tiered stands with mini cupcakes.

As you can see, both tiered stands could easily have accommodated normal sized cupcakes and a small topper (like those paper flags saying 'eat me'). The Cath Kidston stand with the floral print is the only stand apart from one of the domed stands that I didn't sell after the wedding. It's gorgeous, and I think two of them with a plain white single tier between them would be gorgeous. You can get plain white porcelain stands from Tesco for £10, or probably even cheaper on ebay, and although the CK stands are more expensive, you could always sell them on or keep them.

Just to add, the CK stands could probably fit 24 cupcakes on a single stand, but wouldn't look too sparse with 18 (3 on top, 5 on middle, 10 on bottom).

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

These are the cupcakes

P

and these are the toppers I was thinking about

The cupcakes are from waitrose so don't think they'll hire out stands so will have to buy

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Your plan sounds lovely. Whereabouts are you based - it's always easier to make recommendations if we know where the bride is.

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile it's for cost more than anything!

Im in greater n/w London, ruislip/Eastcote

i really love the vintage plate type ones, I'm having a 50's style short dress so would keep in with theme

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

There is a range in boots called Rosie's Pantry. They do a lovely cake stand and is in the 3 for 2...

https://www.boots.com/en/Rosies-Pantry-2-Tier-Cake-Stand_1374988/

I would also try TK Maxx/Homesense, they always have stuff like that in if you are up for a rummage!

x

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

TK Maxx was my next suggestion

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Those boots ones are gorgeous.

Ive be seen these, all 3 are £33 inc delivery. What do you think?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

They are gorgeous, but my only thought would be that they might not be big enough for 36 cupcakes. 24 could probably just make it, though. The top tier of them is a saucer and the bottom tier is a cake plate, it would be a bit squished I would think, and you might need a third stand.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you have a local cupcake shop, they may hire out cupcake stands for weddings. My local cupcake shop does whether you buy the cupcakes from them or not. Another idea worth trying would be a catering supplies company as these also hire out cake stands of every shape and style and might have one that will accommodate your other cake , plus the knife if you need one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics