Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

grace85
Beginner February 2011

Cake Topper *Kind of flash*

grace85, 22 October, 2010 at 10:20 Posted on Planning 0 9

We're having a personlised cake topper made and are having the tottenham hotspurs chirpy with us in our bride and groom gear.

I've been looking for some really good pictures of the chirpy to send to the lady that is making it but couldn't find any, well the staute is over 100 years old.

Last weekend i took OH to spurs for a staduim tour and there just as you walk in is the original statue so out comes the iPhone and i get snappy happy.

Obvously we won't be going for the weathered look so hopefully it'll look more like this

9 replies

Latest activity by KristaltippsHall, 22 October, 2010 at 15:17
  • KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Thats so cool! so he'll be between the two of you?

I have been given a cake budget by my Brother but dont really know where to start...

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personally, I think it'd look better with this bird:

??

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We've got a wooden statue of chirpy at Mum's somewhere I'm sure - unless my brother has pinched it! Lol

I'm surprised my bro didnt have a blue and white wedding... Think OH would kill me if I suggested it for ours. Havent even been to White Hart Lane - I must correct this ASAP.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He sure will. This was the inspiration for the topper...

But we won't be polishing it, ha ha.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Funnily enough, my brother said the same thing, lol.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was the only stipulation i had from OH, our colours had to be blue and white and the table names had to be Spurs legends, everything else i could have however i like. Although i've even tweeked that a bit, our colours are blue and white but light blue and although we are having spurs legends as our table names he's got to have black and white pictures of the players to go in my vintage looking table name holders, lol.

The tour was brilliant, i thought i'd be a bit bored but i actually really enjoyed it.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case, I can't wait for your wedding report - and then I'll show my brother "what could have been!!" Hahaha

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Grace who's making it for you if you dont mind me asking? is it a countrywide company or a friend etc? I want something unique but cant find anything I like!

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

It's a lady called Cheryl Locke, if you google Artlocke Designs you should be able to find her website.

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah, funnily enough, they are the frontrunners of what I've seen so far!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics