Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

gee_gee
Beginner August 2013

Cake Toppers - How much?

gee_gee, 7 August, 2012 at 09:21 Posted on Planning 0 17

If you have had a personalised cake topper made, roughly how much did it cost and where did you order from?

17 replies

Latest activity by *gnashers*, 7 August, 2012 at 22:24
  • Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I got my toppers from Love On Top, made by the lovely Kharv. They looked fab!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

It all depends on what you want...i got mine from Urban Fairy (Search on faceyb, done by a hitcher!) and they are very reaonable!!

here are mine:

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

It was a completely bespoke design (I.e. not one the pre-made bodies you can choose as a cheaper option), from My Mini You. It cost around £140. Their customer service was excellent and we got to check each stage of the design and ask for any tweaks before they were fired.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Urban fairy also makes lots of other gorgeous things like keyings. We ordered some of those from her and they went down a storm. She is rather lovely too!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh gawd, I've ordered from Love on Top too! She is also a very fabulous lady who makes fantastic, vintage-style, toppers. AND...wait for it...Christmas decorations!! Highly recommended too.

Must. stop. shopping.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Around 100-200 for polymer ones on etsy

60-100 for peg ones on etsy

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

You cannot advertise yourself on Hitched without paying a yearly subscription to do so.

I would remove the above post before Hitched does it for you along with giving you a warning. If you want to advertise, give Hitched an email.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Coolartist you need to register as a supplier if you want to advertise your business on here.

PS. Do you not paint them? They look a tad unfinished to me... ?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I take it that it's a "complete coincidence" that your work appears to be a very close copy of that being produced by the people who have previously posted/been recommended in this thread and who've also recently started doing this, given pictures of their work have been on here for a while?

Also, your pricing is well off the mark for someone starting out. You're pricing in the the same bracket as tried and tested people like Artlocke, whose work is painted and therefore requires more hours put in and quite frankly, superior quality and finish to yours.

And as others have said, pay to advertise or go away.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought this too, but bit my tongue!

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Yes actually it is- I didn't know the rules, But yes the work is mine, and I have been using polymers for a long time, just not posted anything these are sitting in my livingroom.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are from Urban Fairy, same as Flow and I love them. They are surprise for my OH and I can't wait for hin to see them on Saturday. Great customer service and reasonable prices.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry yes, these are just test Pieces- I would make the actual ones with coloured clay; I didn't have any coloured yesterday, just gray (these were for a friend who's wedding is next month) and she wanted to see what I could do.

I'm sorry, I'll contact hitched and see about proper advertisement.

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

I also got mine from Love On Top.

Highly recommended, our Kharvo is one talented lady!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Mine were from an eBay seller (although also has her own website). They are £79.99 buy it now on ebay, £95 from her website but I got an auction one and won it for £40.49! (Prices include postage cost of £9.99)

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

the real deal Smiley smile Urban Fairy toppers, modelled on my own HarryCat.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Any excuse to flash mine - it was done by a lovely lady called Cheryl at Artlocke.

https://www.artlockedesigns.co.uk/

Was a surprise for my hubby as he loves arsenal - all the guests loved it as well. It now sits on our mantle piece and so I see it every day. About £150 which was expensive but amazing and should last forever!

x

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure if I am more excited about marrying OH, or having the Loftus and Lola version made of these!

ETA Loftus and Lola are our cats.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics