Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

suzysimpson
Beginner August 2013

Cake-baking hen party??

suzysimpson, 5 April, 2013 at 14:14 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has been on, or heard of, a cake-baking hen party? All my friends and I love cake, but don't get much time to enjoy baking, so we had the idea of a cake hen party!

It doesn't matter where within the UK as my hens are scattered all over the place anyway, so I was hoping someone might have some recommendations before I start scouring Google? Always better to go off a recommendation than from random internet searches!!

Thanks!!?

6 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 6 April, 2013 at 20:58
  • MrsFoz-2b
    Beginner April 2014
    MrsFoz-2b ·
    • Hide content

I would love to bake cakes for my hen party! Although I haven't heard of actually baking places there are loads of cake/cupcake decorating places around. I know of at least 4 near to me.

Where are you from? I suppose you would want to link it with others thing i.e a meal and evening out?

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

I have found a cake shop near me that dose cupcake classes for hen nights. I live in Bradford. Try googling cupcake courses in your area & give them a call to see if they can do anything for you. Smiley smile

• Cecdesigner
    Beginner August 2014
    Cecdesigner ·
    • Hide content

Ive just looked on google and found one in worcestershire- i live in birmingham.

http://www.bluedoorbakery.co.uk/cupcake-class-hen-parties.html

looks like a fantastic idea!!!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

My favourite cake shop in London is Konditor and Cook. Their cakes are always a massive hit with my friends, especially the Curly Wurly cake. i believe they have now started doing cake decorating classes. Google them and check out their magic cakes!

xxx

• V
    vgbear ·
    • Hide content

There is a really good one in Cheshire, ,y MIl did a course there and a friend but it also a b&b as well (they were on 4 ina bed) I shall see if I can find the name of it

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies for all the recommendations I'll look into them all!! I'm based in Leeds, but my hens live in Cheshire, London, Edinburgh, Stirling, France, Germany and Southampton - one hen in each place, so awkward ?

I was thinking about having cake baking mid morning, then afternoon tea somewhere (or just eat the cakes we made and drink champagne lol), and then some shopping if there's time before dinner and drinks in the evening. I think a city location would would best for that, or at least has easy access to a city for transport purposes.

Thanks again, lots to start with ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I know my cake maker teaches classes for https://sugarstreetstudios.com/

Also I know Choccywoccydoodah you can hire a private room for hen parties (London or Brighton) they may be able to incorporate baking/chocolate lesson into the day http://www.choccywoccydoodah.com/pages/london-shop

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics