Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HillierB2B
Beginner August 2010

Cakes - How many ppl do you cater for?

HillierB2B, 10 June, 2009 at 12:06 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi Ladies,

Wondering if you can help. How many ppl do you cater for in regards to your wedding cake? We have 50ppl during the day & a possible 100ppl for the evening reception. We are unsure of how many portions to order ? do you order for the 150ppl or less/more?

T.I.A x

2 replies

Latest activity by HillierB2B, 10 June, 2009 at 13:11
  • claires
    Beginner July 2008
    claires ·
    • Hide content

We had a standard sized 3 tier cake and had 90 people for the day and a further 50 at night and there was loads left. so not a huge help, but gives you an idea.

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

We're having 60 people in the day and another 30 or so in the evening, our cake is a 4 tier one but with 2 sneaky dummy top tiers as I wanted it to look a little bit bigger .... We're having it with coffee and it serves about 114 portions, this isn't going to be given out as individual pieces as we're having coffee in the bar so people can help themselves. I'm really hoping there'll be loads left over, plus I'm going to squirrel some away so we can have some on our wedding night, the chocolate ganache is lush and I won't be giving a fig about dieting after then!

• HillierB2B
    Beginner August 2010
    HillierB2B ·
    • Hide content

mr hillier is the same ? he has requested a fridge in our room so he can take food from the buffet up and eat it once everone is gone........

thanks very much for your info girls, helped lots x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics