Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mustard_mitt
Beginner September 2015

Calling all tomboy and geeky brides-to-be!

mustard_mitt, 7 of January of 2014 at 23:21

Posted on Planning 42

Ok, I have a big problem. I'm not girly enough for all this wedding stuff! Yes I have a very pretty ring, which is lovely and all the women I know are cooing over it, but then I go on wedding websites and I just don't like all the stuff someone with two X chromosomes is supposed to like! I just...

Ok, I have a big problem. I'm not girly enough for all this wedding stuff!

Yes I have a very pretty ring, which is lovely and all the women I know are cooing over it, but then I go on wedding websites and I just don't like all the stuff someone with two X chromosomes is supposed to like! I just spent half an hour looking at a perfectly good invites website; I hated ALL of the designs. Even the blue ones and that's my favourite colour!

I've never been girly. I work in a male-dominated workplace for a start so I'm surrounded by men all day and then I come home to a man. I like comic books, superhero flicks, anime and gaming. I'd choose going to the F1 over getting a manicure. I'm really struggling to find wedding stuff that suits me and my personality and I know I'm not the only geeky bride out there. Fiance isn't as geeky as I am, but he likes that I'm not a normal girl (or else he wouldn't be marrying me!).

Anyway please say I'm not alone in this non-girly wedding planning. I'd really like some people like me to talk to about creating a fun and unique wedding that embraces some traditional aspects but also my inner nerd.

42 replies

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!
    Weddings are all about having what you want Smiley smile I'm not a particularly girly girl either but having what we both like and things that's really "us" and not just wedding like. Have to be yourself, agree keep looking and you'll find loads. Search pinterest and I also love rock n roll bride Smiley smile

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I saw it all on YouTube actually but we did talk about going to San Diego about 3 years ago while we were visiting California but unfortunately the dates didn't match up. I'd love to go one year. Awesome honeymoon destination ?

• H
    Beginner January 2014
    harr22 ·
    • Hide content

See, I'm actually a bit annoyed that I wasn't braver and went for more unique stuff myself.

I'm walking down the (admittedly very short) registry office aisle to a beatles song and we're leaving to a queen song-that was pretty much the extent of my "out there" planning. My fiance is a total gamer, loves magic the gathering, warhammer etc and has got me into world of warcraft which I really enjoy. I'll admit I'm a bit uncomfortable knowing I will have to wear a dress all day and I'm struggling to do anything with my newly applied fake nails haha.... but then that was pressure from relatives: "aren't you going to get your nails done??" as I work in a hospital normally and have to keep them very short.

I suppose what I mean to say is plan it exactly as you'd like and don't worry about anything else Smiley smile Need to believe it myself for my wedding day now :p

• leecindy
    Beginner November 2014
    leecindy ·
    • Hide content

Really awesome sharings,thanks so much.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

For those of you who are into comics, I saw this in Facebook and thought it would make a fab wedding picture.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

One of my brides requested that shot ?. Here it is.....

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

That's a brilliant shot! I love it! If it were me though it'd be the bridal party with the superhero t-shirts ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hell yea ?

• squish815
    Beginner June 2014
    squish815 ·
    • Hide content

Getting more and more tempted to suggest the superhero tee under shirts idea to my OH! He'd probably do it.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics