Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Cambridge diet

Lorz11, 9 of April of 2012 at 17:36 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 2

Hi,

Just wandering if anyone has tried the Cambridge diet and wants to share their experiences good and bad!!

Im not sure whether to try it or not!!

Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by Hypnopoison, 19 of May of 2012 at 17:28
  • 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Cambridge Diet is effective for rapid weight loss as are many VLCDs, but the advantage of Cambridge is the stepped programme back to eating 'normally' to maintain weight loss. I totally agree with NutriFlo that nobody can eat 400 cals a day long-term, which is why the Cambridge program steps up the daily calories whilst advising you on what to begin to include in your diet so you're eating a healthy, balanced diet that meets all your nutritional needs.

I have several friends who have successfully lost weight on both Cambridge and Lipotrim, but as Lipotrim is only dished out at pharmacies I don't think it has the consultant-type 1:1 support / councilling opportunities that Cambridge and others such as Lighter Life have.

I think there are cheaper ways of losing weight, but if you have food 'issues' and have tried and failed to lose weight by 'eating sensibly' because will power fades or you slip into bad habits, I do think that a short period on VLCDs can be beneficial for re-educating / 're-setting' your eating habits so that you can almost start again and create only good habits.

My sister never did the Sole Source stage of the diet (that's the 450 cals a day 'lowest' step), she only ever did 810 (810 calories a day, from the shakes - which are around 150 cals each and include all the vits and mins you need - and a high protein, low carb, low fat meal) and lost 4 stone quickly and easily. She'd like to lose a little more then will be moving up to the 1000 calorie plan, then the 1200, then to the 1500 plan, and then to maintenance - each stage ups the calories and 'real food' and reduced the Cmabridge products.

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

My opinion is stay away from the extremely low calorie diets like Cambridge and Lighter Life. They do far more harm then good. My sister did lighter life for a long time and ended up wasting her muscles away as basically she was starving herself. So when I finally got her to see a proper personal trainer and nutritionist she had no power or energy to do exercise at all as her body had turned on itself for fuel!

I can eat **** calories a day of the right foods and still lose weight, combined with exercise. My opinion is to stop counting calories and look at the composition of what is on your plate and portion sizes (I.e. increase your protein intake, cut down out white carbs in the evening and only eat slow burn carbs, with lots of lovely veggies).

Also don't just do cardio. Life weights! Seriously, it's amazing what it does to speed up weight loss and give you thos entice tight arms and legs you always wanted. Women don't get bulky. Forget all the cap they feed you for "toning" exercises. Muscles do one thing, they grow or don't.

Stay away from stupid diets like I have. I eat some amazing food, tasty too!

A typical days food:

Breakfast: Two poached eggs on whole meal toast

Mid Morning Snack: Either Cottage cheese on its own or with an oat cake or two. Or I just snack on cold chicken.

Lunch: Hard boiled egg, good quality ham or chicken or turkey, sweet potatoe wedges and salad. I also mix up my salads with artichokes, olives, roasted green beans and cherry tomatoes with basil and sometimes I take a pile of roasted veggies to work with with me (aubergines, courgette, sweet potatoes, red onion, mushroom etc - dust with a little mild chillie powder and crumble a small amount f feta cheese over .... Yum!) - must always have a ounce of protein with each meal though.

Mid Afternoon snack: same as snack above

Dinner: Pan fried Sea bass or grilled salmon with roasted veggies. A table spoon of salsa on the side to mak it more exciting.

A fab health fish and chips: roast celeriac cut into chips, dust with smoked paprika, roast for 15 mins each side and serve with fish - Le voila, healthy fish and chips!

Eat healthy and exercise and stay away for the diets that are bad for you and just trying t make money from selling their vile shakes and other processed crap xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics