Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2013

Cambridgeshire bride-to-be - venue suggestions please!

orione16, 23 March, 2012 at 12:59 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi. My name's Emma and my fiance is Paul. We have a four-y-o son called Tommy. We are looking at getting married in August 2013.

We live in Wisbech and do not want to have to travel miles to a venue. But we have a limited budget of about £3,000 for everything. We have been looking at Peckover House in Wisbech but it is very limited in terms of catering and we are finding it's working out expensive.

What we ideally want is a civil ceremony and reception in the same venue, with no wedding breakfast. It will be an informal affair with no speeches, etc. We really want some outside space because there will be children attending. The perfect venue for us would be licensed but with the flexibility to bring in our own caterers, etc, as I know quite a few people "in the business", so to speak.

Any suggestions/tips would be gratefully received! This is giving me a bit of a headache. Think I might be wanting the impossible! ☹️

7 replies

Latest activity by *Nursey*, 26 March, 2012 at 11:45
  • RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I don't know the area so can't specifically help on venues but when we started looking for venues I got the full approved venue list off the Suffolk County Council website then we just worked our way down the list. The venue we've booked was top of the list for our local office, is the closest to us and we didn't even know it existed!

Might be worth a look for Cambs in case it throws up another venue you didn't know about.

Hope you find somewhere soon

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Spookle ·
    • Hide content

Hi fellow fen bride to be Smiley smile have you had a look at the castle? not sure what grounds they have but a lovely venue

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I'm in Spalding and we are having our reception at Orton Hall in Peterborough, worth having a look maybe and it is reasonable.

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I'm in Spalding and we are having our reception at Orton Hall in Peterborough, worth having a look maybe and it is reasonable.

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    orione16 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for suggestions. We are looking at getting married on a Friday anyway in a (futile) bid to cut costs but it's not really working at the moment. Our main issue is that we really like Peckover House but the catering is working out expensive (in my mind anyway!). Am going to go back to them and ask if they can do anything to bring the costs down.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hawk, I didn't realise you're just down the road from me! I'm spalding too!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

In answer to OP, I looked around Spalding and didn't like the venues, so looked at KL (where Mum lives). Most of them are very strict in what they give (eg you have to have the sit down meal)

I'll have a think

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics