Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Cameo Island, Zante

annie2000, 20 April, 2011 at 16:42 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hi everyone

Have been lurking for a while so this is my first post, nice to meet you all

I was wondering if anyone has been to/ already had their wedding at Cameo Island? It looks lovely in the photos and would be a really nice venue for our wedding, as I love Zante and have had some great holidays in Tsilivi. However, I just realised that Cameo is in Laganas, and I really dont want to offend anyone who is having their weddings there but the parts of Laganas I have seen on quick drive throughs while on holiday have been an 18=30,sort of resort,

Is it all like that? i dont mean to sound snobby but i dont want my wedding to be surrounded by hungover lager louts, brits abroad/british bars type of atmosphere.

Am hoping someone will tell me I am talking rubbish and the area surrounding the island is lovely Smiley smile

thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by luckylola, 23 May, 2011 at 16:02
  • Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Hi there! I've been a bit of a lurker too, but now 'm posting more so will probably not shut up!

I'm a Zante lover too, Alykanas is our fave. We have booked to marry there in 2012 and our wedding planner is LOVELY! Her website is Zante Weddings and they have a lot of information on the site about Cameo Island. From what I can gather, it is a small island just off of Laganas (you cross a bridge to get to it) and I think you can hire the whole island for your wedding. We emailed our planner loads before we booked her and she was REALLY helpful - not just answering questions to get a booking IYKWIM. Have a Google and see if you can find some 'real life' experiences from people that have married there? I've seen lots of pictures and it looks LUSH!

xxx

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I visited Zante last year before we booked the wedding and I am going back in July. Cameo Island is beautiful. Like mentioned before, you can hire it exclusively for your wedding which means that just you and your guests are present as you get married. We have booked Cameo Island for out wedding on 5th Sept 2012!

Where you actually have your ceremony is at the back of the island and so cannot be overlooked (only by any boats in the distance!) The back of the island overlooks the sea, it is a beautiful setting ! To access the island you need to walk along the short rope bridge. It is in Laganas but well out of the way of any pubs/ bars.

We have booked through Ionian Weddings, who are a UK based company. Have a look at their website and testimonials. There are some fab pictures of couple who have wed on Cameo over the last 2 years !

Hope this helps,

Kerri

x

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    mrslaudertobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Annie,

Im getting married on Cameo island on 18th June this year! Sooo excited!

We have been to zante a couple of times and visited Cameo Island, its beautiful. We have hired it privatly though as we didnt want sun bathers in our pics! Were not having the reception on the island as the owner uses it as a night club too so we were told if it gets busy we would be moved upstairs. So we'll be the only bods on there for the ceremony and pics, then were off to Akropolis for our reception.

Laganas is really large, the main strip is 18-30 and the beach is too, until you get to the end with the louis zante beach hotel (kalamaki) is then the last few hotels are less 18-30. You do have to be careful which hotel you stay in there if you dont want to be partying till all hours (as we dont!)

xx

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

The ceremony area is a lovely secluded beach with romantic views, the set up can be as relaxed or as formal as you like, with guests standing beside you or seated on pretty white covered chairs and even a red carpet ailse to make your entrance on.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

Got a question for the Cameo Brides... What time do you actually get married on Cameo? I'm sure I have read somethere that it's 5:30pm....

mrsslaudertobe- thought maybe you'll know as it's not long till your wedding ! ?

TIA

Kerri

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics