Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner October 2013

Can all wedding dresses have bra's sewn in???

Emma158, 4 of June of 2013 at 14:49 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

As the title suggests....can they?? I have gone for a strapless dress and am now worrying slightly as, even thought I thought I had finally found a strapless bra that held the girls up and out, it seems to not be the case! I've heard of people having bras sewn in to their dresses but my dress is lace and not a heavy satin type material so i was wondering if anybody knows if it would still be a possibility?

Here's the dress:-

5 replies

Latest activity by Emma158, 28 of June of 2013 at 14:50
  • E
    Beginner October 2013
    Emma158 ·
    • Hide content

Anybody? ....

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kat2504 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you can have corsetry actually added to the body of the dress unless that is how it is made. What I think is possible is to have "bra guides" added - sort of like big belt loops inside the dress to thread your bra through so that the bra does not make an appearance at the back of your dress. You'd need to ask the dress shop if they can do that for you.

I have just got a brilliant wonderbra strapless bra - I am bigger busted so strapless bras often look awful on me but this new one gives an amazing shape - I found it in John Lewis. Definitely worth a try. Another option might be a bridal basque.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

My dress had less structure than yours (silk overlaid with tulle) and I had bra cups sewn in. The dress doesn't have to be strong enough to support the weight of the cups and your boobs, all it does is hold the cups against your boobs to 'encourage' them into the right position. So it's more important that your dress fits you well across your bust, rather than what the fabric is made of.

I have B cups. Perhaps the above doesn't apply for massive norks.

• G
    Beginner May 2014
    Glitterbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm also worried about this! I bought the Wonderbra Ultimate strapless before I started dress shopping...I've always hated the way strapless bras fit me as I'm quite big busted but this bra is amazing! Thought I'd be able to wear this on the day but I ended up falling in love with a dress with a low back. The woman in the shop advised they could sew cups into my dress but I'm worried they won't be very supportive.

Any big busted ladies had bra cups??

Thanks

• E
    Beginner October 2013
    Emma158 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much for your replies; I shall have a look at the wonderbra and possibly some scaffolding type construction... I'm hoping that, being a corset back, it might help a bit...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics