Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs C
Beginner March 2011

Can anyone help me find these flowers? Turquoise/Purple Orchids...

Mrs C, 15 January, 2010 at 20:43 Posted on Planning 0 14

Real or fake... just can't seem to find them anywhere!!!

(I believe that they are not natural though, I think they are dyed...)

14 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 11 March, 2010 at 09:37
  • MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs C

Try this http://www.orchid-society-gb.org.uk/NewSiteDevelopments/gallerymain.php - its for the British Orchid society - I had a quick look but couldnt see your turquoise or purple ones - they are all named as well. Hope you find them - they are stunning

Mx

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

They are dyed dendrobium orchids, your florist should be able to help you source some through the European markets.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

They are beautiful

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I will keep my eye out for you when I visit the wholesalers. There are artificial ones with purple but they are toned with lilac rather than the blue. There are quite a lot of new exciting colours coming in for Spring so if I see anything, I'll pop it on here for you.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Wow these are Stunning! I'd be interested as well but get the feeling they'd probably cost a fortune?....

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Fresh orchids can be expensive, especially unusual varieties. Dyed fresh flowers can be a bit risky especially if it rains on your wedding day Smiley sad but the ones which are dyed at source i.e., by the growers tend to be more successful than the ones dyed by the florists if that helps.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

I looked into these before as well, but vetoed the idea for the sames as you tango. they are pretty tho x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

As Georgie says your florist should be able to help.

The only place I have seen them in silk is Australia.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I went to the wholesalers yesterday and the only artificial flowers I can find in the turquoise with purple were hydrangea but they weren't really realistic to be honest. I did, however, see these which are extremely lifelike - again these are artificial and they are Vanda orchids:-

They are more blue/violet with purple centres rather than the turquoise you wanted but somewhat similar! These are also available in fresh flowers too and I'm pretty sure that Georgie has a photo of a bouquet in her portfolio that has these in so hopefully she will see this and post it for you. Brenda

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls... not sure I like the hydrangeas so much, it was the turquoise colour I was after...

I would only really be using them as highlights so wouldn't need many. Will keep on the hunt...

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you only need a few and your florist dyes the fresh ones for you - you should be OK if it rains if they are well inside the bouquet rather than on the edges. Have a chat with her and see what she says. Some florists will dye and others won't - depends really! You may be asked to sign a disclaimer though just in case!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

What about adding beading to give the Turquoise:

You could also add Turquoise flowers in with something like this Ivory Orchid:

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies... well after a a ponder about these orchids I have decided that my heart is going to overrule my head and I am going to seriously start the search for them! I know that in the rain they could be risky but I only want a couple in amongst other flowers and think it will be fine for the few hours that I'll be carrying it!

I will start to go around the local florists when I get time but in the meantime if I could ask you all to keep an eye out in the South East area for anywhere selling these I would be truly grateful!

Thanks, Mrs C x

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Where abouts in the South East are you?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Currently in Watford/St Albans, Herts but can and will travel!

Wedding is further afield in Waltham Abbey, Essex.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics