Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

can anyone help with plus size bridesmaid dresses?

6 of November of 2013 at 21:05 Posted on Planning 0 9

My sister (MOH) and bridesmaid are both plus size, my sister is loosing weight bless her, shes a size 18 now I think so hopefully if she carries on the way she is she will be a size 16/14 in aug for our wedding, my bridesmaid is I think a size 18 but a pear shape as she has a medical condition after falling down some stairs and damaging her nerves in her back leading to nerve damage in her organs, shes going though an ordeal with hospital visits and stays but she admits herself its very much unlikely she will loose weight, this does not bother me one bit, shes my best mate and I love them both as they are.

what im having trouble with is I don't want them to feel horrible in their dresses, we went to bridal dress shops and had to go back again once they had ordered in bigger sizes for them to try on, they wouldn't do up the backs on the dresses so we couldn't get a proper look on how the styles could fit their shapes.

My colour is Cadburys purple, I cant really afford custom dresses but have found a couple on ebay.

If you have plus size bridesmaids can you please tell me what styles look best or even post a pic

thank you xx

9 replies

Latest activity by chels15, 7 of November of 2013 at 12:15
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked in high street stores?

I got my BM dresses from Monsoon, the larger dress out of the is a size 18 although I think they had larger sizes.

I'm sure there are lots more places on the highstreet with dresses in those sizes. Plus then your girls can try them on first hand to check they're comfortable and happy.

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    becs1975 ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid is a size 18/20 and she's wearing a Debenhams dress. They're lovely, and reasonably priced too.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,
    My BM is currently a 20 but ordered her dress a size 18 and is determined she'll get into it by June.
    We got this off ebay, in red and paid £51, its a really lovely material and hangs beautifully, not too clingy so she won't feel self conscious on the day and also it gets laced up and has extra material inside so there's room to let it out.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

No problem Smiley smile Yes I asked mine what she'd prefer and she's not keen on boleros so as it's a summer wedding she'll be having a 3/4 length sleeved cardi in white Smiley smile And hopefully the good weather to match haha.

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

That sounds just like my bridesmaids dresses only mine are going to be royal blue xx

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    chels15 ·
    • Hide content

Hi can you tell me where your bridesmaid dress is from is lovely beautiful colour! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics