Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sarah8286
Beginner June 2014

can anyone help with wedding planning in skiathos?

sarah8286, 8 of June of 2013 at 21:40 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi everyone

I'm planning on getting married next may in skiathos, I was wondering if anyone knew the correct amount of days we need to be on the island before the wedding can take place? I've read so many different things its all getting a bit confusing! I did really want to book it with Thomas cook and they say 8 working days.. But if this true then that would mean that on a 2 week holiday you would always be getting married on your final day before you fly home.. But according to Greek law you are not allowed to fly home the day after you have to have at least one working day before you fly home?

Could anyone recommend a wedding planner, or help with the legalities

Many thanks

Sarah

6 replies

Latest activity by MariaGeorgiou, 26 of June of 2013 at 14:45
  • spenerella
    Beginner August 2014
    spenerella ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

We're getting married in Santorini next year and you can rock up the day before and get hitched I think. Your question is one that I asked my wedding planner (Grace at Ionian Weddings) and she was of the opinion that Thomas Cook and the like, gave that information in order to secure a 2 week package deal out of you. They also don't confirm the exact day with you till much nearer the time, thus meaning that your guests are encouraged to book 2 weeks with them as well.

I think that each island has slightly different legalities and it's al mightily confusing to me which is why I've gone with Ionian Weddings. They are sorting all the paperwork out, it's just a matter of them emailing me which things to send to them and when.

Here's a link to their Skiathos weddings http://www.ionianweddings.co.uk/destinations/greek-aegean-islands/skiathos/

I know there are a few brides on here that have gone with them and their weddings are lot nearer so they might be able to advise you more (mine isn't till next August!)

Happy Planning

Spen x

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

Hello Sarah,

I am a wedding planner myself. I ensure you that you do not need to be there for so long, its some rules that perhaps are created for different reasons. If you like i can help you organizing your wedding! I have organized weddings in Cyprus, Greece, Bulgaria and Italy before so i am experienced at weddings abroad! As independent wedding planner, I work only for my clients and I want to ensure they get the best, at the best prices without hidden costs and sneaky rules..Check out my website:

https://www.allbridesonboard.com/

Maria

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

Hello Sarah,

I am a wedding planner myself. i have previously organized a lot of weddings in Skiathos. We could help you with everything including all the paper work and planning of your perfect wedding within your style and budgetSmiley winking We are based in uk and we have a team in greece so we can meet our clients in both UK and greece and make sure they feel comfortable with our servicesSmiley winking If you want get in touch so we can have a chat about your weddingSmiley winking

Maria

http://allbridesonboard.com/

Email:*****.**.********@*****.***

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

?p.s. Thomas Cook usually likes to create restrictions

• sarah8286
    Beginner June 2014
    sarah8286 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Maria yes I have everything sorted now. Booked with Olympic should have the wedding date through this week. Thanks for the advice

• N
    Beginner October 2013
    Nanoushka ·
    • Hide content

Hi Maria

i have just added a new subject about Greek wedding plans which you may be able to answer for me as we have just got back from Parga and have been told a few things which we were not happy with and now we are not sure where to go and what to do. Thanks

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

Hey Nanoushka,

Of course! You sound like you worry!!

Get in touch privately with me and I will answer all of your questions!

My email is:*****.**.********@*****.***

Best

Maria

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics