Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jelly baby

Can anyone recommend a nice pink Champagne ?

jelly baby, 17 June, 2009 at 12:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

My daughter is being christened in a few weeks (that makes me feel old just writing that !) and - twee as it is - I want to have pink champagne for a toast afterwards.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the supermarket own brand ones and if they are any good. Failing that, any recommendations for any others that are particularly nice. H is leaning towards Moet & Chandon but I'd rather not spend that much money, but then if we are spending a lot I want to know it's a nice one and maybe one of the other known brands would be better.

TIA

7 replies

Latest activity by Knownowt, 17 June, 2009 at 12:53
  • L
    Beginner March 2010
    Lou0408 ·
    • Hide content

Harvey Nicholls Own brand Pink Champagne is Amazing. It used to be £20 a bottle which i thought was bargainis but has went up to £25. Its georgous though.

• memyselfandi
    Beginner November 2007
    memyselfandi ·
    • Hide content

Moet is horrible, don't do it! Laurant Perrier Rose is lovely but may be a bit pricey for what you're looking for.

Lindauer Special Reserve is a blush wine so should be pink enough for you. I think Waitrose have it on special offer at the moment.

I'm really serious about the Moet.

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely don't do the Moet.

The Lindauer rose sparkling wine is very drinkable, as is the Cordoniu pink sparkling wine (tesco).

• hay
    Beginner July 2007
    hay ·
    • Hide content

Marks & Spencer do a lovely Rose Prosecco that isn't too pricey. They have a special offer on buying a case of 12 at the min too.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000QI1E4W/sr=1-1/qid=1245239054/ref=sr_1_1/276-8796850-4422105?ie=UTF8&node=42966030&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&keywords=rose%20prosecco&mnSBrand=core&size=9&rh=&page=

• S
    Beginner November 2005
    Skittalie ·
    • Hide content

Not technically a champagne but Berringer do a sparkling rose which is gorge and even my bolly biased mother requested some at the last family do. It's very summery and usually around £7ish a bottle, we had it for toasts at our wedding.

Another vote against the nastiness of Moet

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content

Does it have to be champagne or could pink sparkling wine suffice?

We had this for the toasts at our wedding reception and it's lovely

http://www.waitrosewine.com/230515278/Product.aspx

• jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

I had a feeling that Moet wasn't meant to be very good so am glad that's been backed up. I'm quite happy to go for a Rose so will have a look in to the ones suggested.

Thank you very much

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for LP if pushing the boat out. It is quite expensive though.

Lanson's pink champagne is very nice and not as harsh as some people find its ordinary NV.

For cheaper options, some ideas here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/wine/article2335484.ece

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics